• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I noticed no thread on Jehova false witnesses, so I thought I'd give the basics

First of all, if they knock on your door, and you wanna engage them, don't let them in your house, the bible warns against this. Go grab your bible and step outside, I don't care if it's cold out.

Most JWs carry the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. It's a highly edited perverstion. In it, Jesus is visited by astrologers. Not wise men, not astronomers, but pagan future tellers. Joseph wasn't debating if he should turn Mary in to be stoned or not, he was just debating if he should marry her right away or later. Tons of stuff like that. Anyway, with their own book, the romans road path is still their, so they have to reject their own book to reject what you have in the KJV.

The JWs doctrine is spelled out in the book "Then is finished the mystery of God" They hold that the world started to end in 1914 with the start of WWI. seals where broken, God's wrath started, then, after the 6th seal was broken, everything stopped. In the bible, the pause between seal 6 and 7 is to mark the 144,000. They believe that this is the time we're in now, that the 144,000 are being sealed. This is why they wake people up at 7am on a saturday, they want to be one of the 144,000, the only people going to Heaven.

You can point out some things, like how come we still have stars, given that seal 6 took care of all that (There book says this is all symbolic, if this is the response, ask em why the 144,000 isn't)
You can also point out that to be one of the 144,000, you have to be a jewish male virgin (Revelation 14:3-4)

A couple good verses for them are
2 john 9-11
1 John 5:12-13
Rev 22:18-19 (they have added to the bible, and removed many verses. The numbers are still there, just with a dash after them)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Once upon a time, some 25 years ago (I had been a Christian for about two years or so), I lived so far out in the sticks that the sun set every evening somewhere between my house and town. One bright afternoon I had two lovely ladies from the Jehovah's Witless Watchtower Society drop by my home and pay me a visit. They were all dressed up in their finest clothes, with their hair all done up and the high heeled shoes all nicely polished. I had to admire their spunk as they made it through our pounded dirt yard and past our three boxer bulldogs, two beagle hunting dogs, and some 36 farm cats give or take a kitten or two.

I invited the women inside and we had an entire afternoon of coffee, cake, and bible study right there in my living room. I matched my Bible with their bible, scripture for scripture, and when they tried to convince me of a point with their bible, I came right back to ask them a question about what it says about it in my Bible - which was also in theirs too! We had a wonderful time in the Lord, the cake was really moist, the coffee was fresh, and I had the poor women so shook up when they left that they sprayed gravel all over the place for a couple of miles getting out of there! I do not think I was able to lead them to the Truth of the Gospel, but I thanked God for giving me that opportunity! I never heard from those lovely ladies ever again after that - I think they must have decided that I lived too far outside of their witnessing territory! :Green

• Members
We had a wonderful time in the Lord' date=' the cake was really moist, the coffee was fresh, and [b']I had the poor women so shook up when they left that they sprayed gravel all over the place for a couple of miles getting out of there! :Green

LOL. Amen

• Members

Most of these false religionists are not prepared for such an encounter. I dealt with a couple Mormons in similar fashion one time (no goodies though :sad )

It was kind of humorous because as soon as I told them I was a Baptist they both gave each other a strange look. They didn't really want to stick around too long discussing what the KJB clearly states.

• Members
.... they run for cover when you whip out the old KJV and start preaching. They don't want to be preached to.

That actually happened to me. Some JWs came to the door, and I picked up my trusty KJV and went out on the cold driveway in my stocking feet (I knew it wasn't going to be long :lol: ). When they saw my KJV, the one (probably the ringleader) said, "Is that a King James Bible?". I agreed that it was, at which opening I launched into a one-sided discussion (mine only :Green ) of the ultra-precision of God's pure and holy Word in the KJV. It didn't take long at all before they felt the need to go. I told them I would be praying for their salvation, and meant it too. :thumb

• Members
:goodpost: both posts above me very good. they run for cover when you whip out the old KJV and start preaching. They don't want to be preached to.

Not the JW's in my area...they will welcome your challenge. And I guarantee you that they know their bible (including the KJV), even more than most Christians that I know (kinda sad :sad ). If you don't know how to "rightly divide the word," then you will find yourself defeated by their doctrine before you know it. Btw, they have a plethora of counter-arguments to the passages listed in the OP, but it won't work on me because I have engaged in too many debates with JW's. :smile

Love,
Madeline

• Members

I have no problem inviting unsaved people into my house and showing them a little hospitality. I will not however wish them "Godspeed" or such. But I will give them the truth. I study cults and false religions regularly.

Unfortunately, they never come around. :sad

• Administrators

Not the JW's in my area...they will welcome your challenge. And I guarantee you that they know their bible (including the KJV), even more than most Christians that I know (kinda sad :sad ). If you don't know how to "rightly divide the word," then you will find yourself defeated by their doctrine before you know it.
Love,
Madeline

The experiences I have had with JW's were much like this, also. Very well versed in what they believe and how to "counter" anything that is said - even from the KJB. I remember one man who, when I told him we were Baptists, smiled (and that smile reminded me of a hungry wolf about to lick his chops) and told me that he had been Baptist before he found the truth. He did take his leave shortly thereafter when he and his companion couldn't shake me from the fact that Jesus is truth.

• Members

It's true that some are more tenacious than others. Even so, they will flee if you continue to give them a steady dose of the true Gospel. If we don't allow them to sidetrack us into various arguments, which is what they want to do in order to steer us away from the Gospel, they will become frustrated and the Gospel message will compel them to make a decision for Christ or leave.

• Members

Not the JW's in my area...they will welcome your challenge. And I guarantee you that they know their bible (including the KJV), even more than most Christians that I know (kinda sad :sad ). If you don't know how to "rightly divide the word," then you will find yourself defeated by their doctrine before you know it. Btw, they have a plethora of counter-arguments to the passages listed in the OP, but it won't work on me because I have engaged in too many debates with JW's. :smile

Love,
Madeline

It's a shame that you're right about this Madeline. Which is the reason that I am heavily devoted to helping provide good, accurate, apologetics arguments for people via the internet. Whether it involves providing links to websites, recommending good books, or writing articles. I want Christians to be able to defend the faith against attacks from the false religions. Christians need to be educated in the Bible first and foremost, and in apologetics as well.

I'm also working on a toolbar that will help with that. :Green

• Members
I am heavily devoted to helping provide good, accurate, apologetics arguments for people via the internet. Whether it involves providing links to websites, recommending good books, or writing articles. I want Christians to be able to defend the faith against attacks from the false religions. Christians need to be educated in the Bible first and foremost, and in apologetics as well.

I'm also working on a toolbar that will help with that. :Green

:amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen: :amen: