• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Preacher shot and killed in front of congregation

• Members

Some preachers can be burying a known sinner and yet the way they talk it sounds as if the guy was great and sitting in heaven now. I've been to a few funerals where the preacher talked about the guy in ways that didn't fit the person they were burying and they repeated how this person was now in heaven, looking down, waiting for his loved ones to join him.

Of course, those who are biblically illiterate or who don't believe the truth of Scripture won't catch on and it sounds fine to them. However, for those who knew the person and know what is required to enter heaven, the words the preacher spoke don't sound right at all.

• Members

Wish I could remember the joke on this, it woudl explain it quite well, but I fail to remember it.

The point is the preacher built the man up to be a super good Christian man, his good friend thought surely he had come to the wrong funeral, for his friend was nothing like that, but completely just the opposite, so he looks into the coffin to see who is there, for he felt sure the preacher would not say such things about his good friend.