• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Barry Bonds

• Members

The fact the League has allowed him to get away with such is horrible. He should have been banned from baseball.

Sadly, charactor, integrity, honor, honesty, and other virtues are no longer important to many people. The chase for the dollar, the ability to bring in big bucks, that's all that matters to some.

• Members

I think someone put a lot of pressure on Hank to make that statement.

For a very long time Hank has stated he didn't want to have anything to do with Bonds or him breaking the record. Then, surprisingly he makes an appearance.

Maybe it's just the way he is, but Hank didn't seem all that sincere in his comments.

• Members

Bonds breaking the record is amazing whether he uses steroids or not. Let's say he does. He still needs to be able to train on a baseball, many times moving over 90 miles an hour from a little over 60 ft. away, time the hit perfectly, and hit the ball in such a manner that it goes the distance he needs it to. This can't be done on more strength. Look at Ken Griffey, Jr. He's not a big guy, and he hits quite a few homers himself. I'm not taking up for Bonds. What he's been accused of puts a taint on the sport as a whole. It's because of these kinds of accusations that the MLB is taking such a hit in spectatorship. But the record is an accomplishment.

• Members

Actually, it's not so amazing. Steroids do much more than enhance strength.

While a very good athlete might be able to reach a "level 8" on his own with strict discipline and hard core training, he couldn't go beyond that. Take that same athlete and put him on steroids and he may be able to reach "level 10" but it's not something he ever could have accomlished on his own.

Steroids enchance the ability to train harder and longer, to play harder and longer, to not feel the effects of fatigue, etc.

Steroids give an unfair and unnatural advantage to whoever uses them, whether they be bodybuilders, weightlifters, boxers, wrestlers, track runners, bicyclists, tennis players, etc.

There is no honor or right in such. Breaking a legitimate record by cheating isn't anything worthy of being called amazing.

• Members

The problem I am having is that 2 hall of famers Gaylord Perry and Rolly Fingers both admitted along time ago that they cheated all the time. Perry said he used to put emory boards on the ball and different substances on the ball to give him an edge. And Perry is celabrated on ESPN for cheating. There is a commercial where he pats some guy on the back and the guys back is all wet with vasoline. I think this Bonds thing is so big is because he is a jerk to the media and is an all around jerky player. I have always loved his swing. The prettiest swing in baseball. If Perry and Fingers are hall of famers and Ty Cobb who was an all around jerk than Bonds who has not been found guily of anything should be left alone until they can say for sure he did anything illegal. i look at him and know he did something. Would this be different to the sports media if it was found out that Ripken used roids and GHB to break that record. I bet he used alot of pain killers to make every game. All sports have rulebreakers and when they are found guilty or they admit to it they should be banned. Look at one of the best players ever, Pete Rose. They are keeping him out of the hall but I bet you Doc Gooden and Darryl Strawberry make it in. I think if they prove that Bonds was juicing then he should be banned and the record go back to the drunk and womanizing Babe Ruth. See all of these sports heros are reprobates. They should leave Bonds alone and let him bask in his record until they can prove something. A-Rod will probably break this record in the next 10 years, barring any injury. There will probably be controversy around that to.

• Members

Bonds is HIGHLY over-rated..... he is a jerk and comes across as a wise guy.

I could care less about anything that he does.

I am going to a Braves game this weekend!!!!!!!!!! I get to see MY FAVORITE player.............. Chipper Jones! :Green :Green :Green