• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

2 Thessalonians 2:2-6?

• Members

So Ezekiel 37 is already fulfilled? Hm, seems like you are missing half the chapter! Try again. When did they get a king again after returning to the land? When did the resurrected David start ruling them? When did verse 25 get fulfilled - the part about then dwelling in their land forever?

And while we are at it, how do you want to explain away Zechariah 14? I love a good game, er explanation.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The 69 weekss ran out at the baptism of Jesus. The 70th week started then and ran out when the gospel was opened up to the gentiles. Jesus was crucified in the middle of the 70th week causing the sacrifice to cease.

Where is the scripture that says the 69th week began at the baptism of Christ?

Where do you get that the 70th week started and then ran out when the Gentiles responded to the gospel?

I'd like to see this.

• Members

So Ezekiel 37 is already fulfilled? Hm, seems like you are missing half the chapter! Try again. When did they get a king again after returning to the land? When did the resurrected David start ruling them? When did verse 25 get fulfilled - the part about then dwelling in their land forever?

And while we are at it, how do you want to explain away Zechariah 14? I love a good game, er explanation.

I will answer in a few days - I can't give a quick answer.

• Members

Where do you get that the 70th week started and then ran out when the Gentiles responded to the gospel?

I'd like to see this.

Dan 9:25. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:

This sisxty nine (7+62) weeks to the Messiah was completed when Jesus was baptized and a voice came fro heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved son in the I am well pleased. Luke 5:22

The 70th week started at that time

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off.
After threescore and two weeks, ie during the 70th week. and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice amd the OBlation to cease. That is when he was cut off, in the midst of the week causing the sacrifice to cease by his death, when the veil was rent, showing that the way to God by the supreme sacrifice of the Son of God.

Jesus was the one who confirmed the covenant with the Jews, Matt 15.24, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel See also Mark 7 26,27.
This ministering to the house of Israel continued, through the apostles, to the conversion of Cornelius.

Jesus was the "Most Holy" who was annointed at his baptism. Luke 4: 18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath annointed me.....
Luke 4:34 ....I know thee who thou art; The Holy One of God

• Members

Old covenant prophecy looks forward to the Messiah:
1. the coming of Jesus, his saving FINISHED work,
2. the blessing of the nations by the Gospel, as promised to Abraham,
3. the consummation, resurrection, judgement & NH&NE.

We need the New Covenant Scriptures to understand the significance & fulfilment of the old, so we see the expectation of the Emmaus couple & the disciples to be corrected in terms of Jesus' saving work & the great commission. (Luke 24, Acts 1) Peter confirms this. (1P1:10ff)
Hebrews 11 show that the expectation of Abraham & the patriarchs was for a heavenly city.

Ezek. 37 does not present a prOBlem to the amil. What we do not see is the disp premil scenario of a peaceful earth ruled by Jesus in person again turning to absolute wickedness the moment Satan is released.

Zec. 14 with its graphic detail requires interpretation, guided by the Apostles' writings. Did Zec. see a nuclear war, or the great tribulation of AD 70, or hell? Did he see the living waters of the Holy Spirit flowing out across the world?

Does Zec see the new Jerusalem in the NH&NE, where all is HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD & at peace? We do know that the inscription on our Great High Priest's diadem is HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD. (Ex. 28)

We do not need allegorical nor over-literal interpretation to understand the prophetic Scriptures in the light of the Apostolic New Covenant writings.

• Members

Dan 9:25. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:

This sisxty nine (7+62) weeks to the Messiah was completed when Jesus was baptized and a voice came fro heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved son in the I am well pleased. Luke 5:22

The 70th week started at that time

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off.
After threescore and two weeks, ie during the 70th week. and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice amd the OBlation to cease. That is when he was cut off, in the midst of the week causing the sacrifice to cease by his death, when the veil was rent, showing that the way to God by the supreme sacrifice of the Son of God.

Jesus was the one who confirmed the covenant with the Jews, Matt 15.24, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel See also Mark 7 26,27.
This ministering to the house of Israel continued, through the apostles, to the conversion of Cornelius.

Jesus was the "Most Holy" who was annointed at his baptism. Luke 4: 18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath annointed me.....
Luke 4:34 ....I know thee who thou art; The Holy One of God

Wow! I don't even know where to begin. Do you know what "private interpretation" means? Because your reasoning entirely depends on it.

You cannot find one scripture where Christ confirms a covenant with the disciples. Especially since covenants are confirmed with blood. At best you could it was confirmed at the cross. But two prOBlems. The covenant in Daniel 9 is the Mosaic Covenant and why would Christ spread abominations after making the covenant desolate?

• Members

Confirm means to confirm an existing covenant. Dispensationalists teach that this refers to making and then breaking a covenant. There is nothing in Daniel that says a covenant is made and then broken.

I should read what the scripture actually says and not what you are told that it says.

• Members

I note that you do not comment on Acts 3 all the prophets ... these days.

There's nothing there about Christ confirming the covenant. Do you even know what covenant was being spoken about in Daniel 9. Maybe you ought to read the whole chapter in context. The "covenant" is the law of Moses. (Dan. 9:4,13).

Dan 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments

Who keeps the covenant? Not man. We can only come in repentance for breaking the requirement of OBedience. BUT we come in Christ who kept the last word of the covenant to perfection, so he brought in a New Covenant in his blood - a covenant we remember at the Lord's table.

That saving covenant was remembered by the first Christians. (Acts 2) Jesus was therefore confirming the covenant relationship with his people.

Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
72 To perform the mercy [promised] to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

Where is there a hint of a 2,000 year gap in Isaiah 9:6 between the first colon? There was no hint of a gap there but you can bet your bottom dollar it's there.

Serious questions are not gambling matters.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Are you suggesting that the Lord Jesus is NOT our governor? That he is NOT on the throne of David?

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ,

• Members
Are you suggesting that the Lord Jesus is NOT our governor? That he is NOT on the throne of David?

That is exactly what is being said. Christ is not currently on the throne of David he is seated at the right hand of the father. He will not be seated on the throne of David till the millennial reign.

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

That is describing Christ now, pre-earthly reign.

"John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

Acts 1:6-7 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Christ will one day have a earthly kingdom as we see in a number of places in scripture(The parable in Luke 19:12-27, Daniel chapter two where the stone made without hands smote the image, consumed it and filled the whole earth etc.). We see even in the book of acts the disciples asking Christ now that he had risen from the dead if he was then going to set up his earthly kingdom in Israel. Far from rebuking them and telling them that there would be no such earthly kingdom he confirmed that there would be one by simply telling them that it wasn't for them to know the "times or the seasons". In other words, God chooses to keep the "when" of his earthly kingdom a secret, but that does not make its coming any less sure.

• Members
Christ will one day have a earthly kingdom as we see in a number of places in scripture(The parable in Luke 19:12-27, Daniel chapter two where the stone made without hands smote the image, consumed it and filled the whole earth etc.). We see even in the book of acts the disciples asking Christ now that he had risen from the dead if he was then going to set up his earthly kingdom in Israel. Far from rebuking them and telling them that there would be no such earthly kingdom he confirmed that there would be one by simply telling them that it wasn't for them to know the "times or the seasons". In other words, God chooses to keep the "when" of his earthly kingdom a secret, but that does not make its coming any less sure.

Building a doctrine on the silence of scripture is a very dangerous doctrine.

• Members

I note that you do not comment on Acts 3 all the prophets ... these days.

"Those days" prophesied by "all the prophets" haven't come yet. Unless of course you spiritualize every promise in the OT, steal them from Israel and give them to the church like the Papcy has for the last 1,500 years. Then I guess those days would have come.