• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Have you ever served jury duty?

• Members

I was on one panel. It was an assault case. The defendant's daughter thought she was such hot stuff testifying on her dad's side of the story, but she did the most damage to his case!

She got done and sat back down in the courtroom, and then proceeded to give us the nastiest looks. We had the judge bar her from the courtroom! :bonK:

• Members

I was called on a federal drug charge for two illegals. They have 10 ki's of cocaine in the house. ATF & FBI were involed as well as INS. I told them I could not serve cause an illegal killed one of my dad's best friends when the best friend was on duty. My dad is a now retired Houston Police Officer.

• Members

I've sat on two jury trials the first one was a domestic dispute We heard the whole case in about an hour and came to a guilty verdict in about 10 minutes. The second was a murder trial, we were seated and the judge entered, court came to order and then the defendant accepted a plea agreement and we were dismissed so I never got to hear the murder case.

I would reccomend reading the "Citizens Rule Book" for anyone who has jury duty it is very informative. You can download it from alot of sources on the net or I can E-mail you a copy if you are interested.

I consider it and honor and a duty to serve on a jury. There are only three kinds of votes in this country (General ballot, Representative, and Jury) and the most influential of these on another person, is the Jury vote.

C

• Members

I was on the grand jury in Indiana... we had to decide on wether to hand down a true bill of inditement for a city council member who was accused of molesting a little girl.

Since I have been in NC I have been called to jury duty 3 times.... the first, I was not chosen to sit on the jury.
The second, I did sit on the jury, it was a traffic accident case
The third.... I did not have to serve because I had served in the last 2 years, so I was excused.

• Members
I've never been called and I don't personally know of anyone around here who has.

My husband has lived here for 14 years and has never been called. I've lived here 12 and have been called twice.

Funny thing, I think the Lord was giving me warning this time. Out of the blue I started thinking that it was about time I got picked again. Two days later I had my notice!

• Members

i've been called for jury duty 4 times so far but never had to serve on a jury. The last time i got called in was for a drunk driving case. I told the lawyer that I don't drink and I thought all people who drink and drive should be thrown in jail and they must have thought that i was a little too biased for the jury panel... :roll

• Members

I was summoned for jury duty when I was in grad school - EVERY case they tried to put me on involved (gag) pedophilia, one was a capital case. Four times I sat there answering their questions - the DA always accepted me, the Defense Attorney would strike me.