• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whose name is your property in?

Whose name is your property in?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Whose name is your property in?

• husbands name only
    • husband or wife
    • husband and wife

• Members

Do you have your house and cars in husbands name only or in husband or wife or in husband and wifes name?

See if I remember this right. If your property is in husbands name only, them he is the only one who can make any changes. If it is in husband or wife, either one can. If its in husband and wife it takes both to make any changes.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Members

We have everything under Jerry or Linda, that way if something happens to one of us, it will not be no problem for the other one.

My son-in-law is one of those controller, I found out recently he had everything in his name. Also having it that way he can make any decsion he wants to and not tell his wife.

Of course he is one who thinks everyone is stupid but him. Oh, he will quickly tell anyone this.

• Members

How sad that he is doing that. Some people are very possessive with their things. They won't share it with anyone, and they definitely don't like letting it go if something happen to them (like divorce).

The house we are living at is rent. But it is owned by my husband's parents. I would like to move to an easy-maintence, smaller house though (because of our allergies AND because I can hear what going on. I can't do that in a bigger home) My husband promise we will, and maybe some day we will but I have a feeling we are going to live here for the rest of our life.

our van is in both of our names. his car, I think, is in his name, but he had that car (it is 1997 car) before we were married so it has always been his. But I still drive it anyway when I need to.

• Members
We have everything under Jerry or Linda, that way if something happens to one of us, it will not be no problem for the other one.

My son-in-law is one of those controller, I found out recently he had everything in his name. Also having it that way he can make any decsion he wants to and not tell his wife.

Of course he is one who thinks everyone is stupid but him. Oh, he will quickly tell anyone this.

Wow, Jerrynumbers, I'm sorry he's behaving so badly. I hope that you and your wife are in a position to help her if he gets nasty to her. (I will pray for him.)

The only thing that is in my husband's name alone is his truck. The house and the vans are in both names. Our bank accounts are in both names. The account we use for Paypal is in my name, though. That account is set up only so that paypal has the required account.

• Members

I try to put everything I can in the name of my EIN, handled through my lawyer. Puts a layer of protection between me and government agencies due to lawyer/client privatively.

I don't do anything wrong, but I've watched people have social services take their kids because of rumors, the IRS freeze bank accounts because they have questions, DNR take land because a bug was found on it and for some reason this bug is uber super special...

If the government wants to know where my banking is done, they can go ahead and hit a black hole of nothing. My main holdings are in an account that has no checks drawn from or deposited, with secondary accounts for purchases and deposits. I'm not going to end up not being able to pay my car payment and mortgage because the IRS doesn't think I give as much to charity as I do. By the time they find out it's true, and release the hold on your accounts, you have a couple months of bills that are unpaid.

If I'm driving in Alabama, and find a antibiotic pill in my trunk that's suppose to be in a prescription bottle, they will have a hard time seizing the car. (this happens to people btw)

Oh, I know, you don't do anything wrong you don't have to worry... blah blah blah, tell that to the people that have had stuff happen.

• Members

A truck driving friend was driving thru Tennessee several years ago. A state Trooper stopped him and found his bottle of pills. He took him and put him in jail. A few hours later the trooper came and got him, gave his bottle of pills back to him and told him they were nothing but baking soda, them carried him back to his truck and let him go.

My friend had been driving for 3 straight days without sleep.

I asked him if he was mad at the fellow who sold those baking soda pills to him. He said, no, being as the way it worked out I can't be mad, if they had been the real stuff I would have never got out of jail.

I asked him, being as they had kept you awake for 3 days, did you keep on taking those baking soda pills? He told me he did, but they didn't seem to work after he found out what was in them.

Seems much of the time its all in ones mind.

• Members

:ha That's funny , Jerry, you should have posted it in the Humor forum.
And qwerty guy, you sound paranoid. I don't trust the government either, but I do trust my Lord to take care of me. Nothing can happen to me that He doesn't allow for some reason.
Oh, BTW, I'm not married so everything I have (which isn't much) is in my just my name. Should make a will, though. Been meaning to do that but keep putting it off.
Another important question to consider, those of you who have children, do you have something in writing saying what you would want to happen to them if you and your spouse both died. Don't assume they would be taking care of by people you would want. You need to choose appropriate guardians and put it in writing.

• Members

A lady friend of mine had a fellow appointed to take care of her stuff when she died, how she wanted things done.

Well she died, nothing got done the way she wanted it.

Her son is mentally handicapped, he was suppose to get her house and everything in it, but everything in it was sold in a garage sale, and the one appointed over it, his daughter and son in law moved into the house.

And as soon as this lady dies, the one appointee over it, their house got completely remolded. His wife had been wanting to do this for sometime, but said she just did not have the money, but as soon as this woman died timber was sold, they now have the money, and wow, they did not cut no corners, they went all out and made their house fancy.

Yes, I know first hand from 2 different sources, one their brother-in-law, 2nd her son and of course what I have seen with my own eyes.

Finally this mans daughter-in-law decides she wants a new house, they build it, them finally the lady's son get to move into her house, but he never got his mother stuff as was suppose to happened, it was all sold in a garage sale right after she died, for it was in their way and not good enough for them or their daughter.

Oh, she had a car that was less then 2 years old, her son wanted it, but their daughter drove it for about one year, them she sold it to buy a new one.

I told this lady many time not to trust this man and his wife, that his wife would use everything for her self and her children, them if anything is left over her son Ronnie might get some. But she said, "I can trust Jimmy, he will do it just like I want it done." It wasn't!

Now, if it had not been for his greedy wife, Jimmy would have done it just like this lady wanted it to be done. But I already knew who wore the pants in that family, I had seen it to many times.

The thing about it, you can think you've got it taken care of, iron clad, but iron clad means nothing to someone who is extremely greedy. I've seen such stuff as this happened to many times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well its a mix .
The house is in my dh's name because at the time I was not working so they said it was only allowed to be in his name .I have a paper he signed so I can take care of things if needed by phone .
The one car is in his name also because he registered that way I didn't go with him
The other car is in both names .

• Members

Everything is in my name but if anything happens to me my wife can do as she sees fit.

The house and car and everything else is ours together, the name on the titles is only a legal formality and since I deal with that stuff myself and because she doesn't like to bother with that stuff, we've always just had things in my name.