• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why not Waiting?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am extremely happy to hear things are going good. I have been praying for yall!

I know Sunday Night, I was just at the alter praying and crying, and then my pastor came and prayed with me after church with my paretns, because my desire is to meet that right one, but waiting is the best thing to do. If it takes 5, 1, 10, or even 20 years, I will keep on serving Christ! He is my Saviour, My King! He will always be my first love!

Keep on Praising Him!!
Sadie. Phil.4:13

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just an update for those watching this topic.

It's weird how things sometimes can be really really good and then go bad quickly.

With that said.. it's not going good, I've been praying consistently, constantly, asking God what his will if for me, if it includes her, all these things.

Just recently she just really kind of turned opposite on everything as far as any type of 'us' is concerned.. It has gotten to the point where it hurts me, so last night she called me and I told her -everything- about how I felt and what I wanted, and that I'm praying about it and just everything.. it feels like she's throwing this away for no reason! I'm trying to prepare myself so I don't get hurt even worse but it's so hard. She's acting really independent, too much! It feels like the whole thing is falling apart.. I don't want that! I don't understand.. I just know that God brought her into my life.. why am I losing her? I haven't stopped praying since even before we met.. I'm having a really tough time dealing with this. I have a big heart and it's hard for me to just simply ignore someone or to be ignored.. and she's doing just that, she's ignoring me.. Does it not hurt her also? I don't know why she's doing it.. In any case.. I'm heartbroken.. I praise God for the time that he's given us but I still pray that he can fix this.. so if you would, please pray for me? This is extremely hard on me.

• Members

Hey mate, what do you call yourself? I can't easily remember the ID there...

Whatever you do, don't give up on God. Always remember that God knows what He is doing. It is very simple for us, as humans, to loose sight of the one-most important thing: God Himself.

This is a trial.

Trials either make or break our relationship with God.

Just take it easy. I'll pray for you.

I have a "past", and I really understand.

• Members

Hey Sadie, keep your chin up! It may not take as long as years and years! God does many wonderful things! Hey, He gives us the desires that we have for a special reason, and that reason is to glorify Himself. Always remember that; you are God's responsibility, and He cares so much for you.

When you get married, oh what a treasure you will be to that one special person that God sends your way!

• Members
usmc58xx, She probably think you don't find her attractive or feel rejected, and that's why she is doing this. In today society, That's how it is.

but then again, The Lord probably have a better plan for you. It could take years to see it.

I don't think that's it.. she's just really head-strong and independent.
She knows I do, I'm positive. I don't think she feels rejected either.. I drive 120 miles to visit her when she tells me I can.

My name is Jeff, btw.

• Members

Hi, I need start checking this more often! I didn't know there were new comments...

Just an update for those watching this topic.

It's weird how things sometimes can be really really good and then go bad quickly.

With that said.. it's not going good, I've been praying consistently, constantly, asking God what his will if for me, if it includes her, all these things.

Just recently she just really kind of turned opposite on everything as far as any type of 'us' is concerned.. It has gotten to the point where it hurts me, so last night she called me and I told her -everything- about how I felt and what I wanted, and that I'm praying about it and just everything.. it feels like she's throwing this away for no reason! I'm trying to prepare myself so I don't get hurt even worse but it's so hard. She's acting really independent, too much! It feels like the whole thing is falling apart.. I don't want that! I don't understand.. I just know that God brought her into my life.. why am I losing her? I haven't stopped praying since even before we met.. I'm having a really tough time dealing with this. I have a big heart and it's hard for me to just simply ignore someone or to be ignored.. and she's doing just that, she's ignoring me.. Does it not hurt her also? I don't know why she's doing it.. In any case.. I'm heartbroken.. I praise God for the time that he's given us but I still pray that he can fix this.. so if you would, please pray for me? This is extremely hard on me

I am praying for you and her and for God's will to be applied. I know that right now it may seem hard, and you or she may not understand but as I believe you are doing, just keep on Trusting God. His will and His way is far better than ours. There are so many things I do not understand and yet I have learned to give it all to God. And I am flesh and I worry and I have so many faults!! We say we give it to God at the alter, and yet we worry and worry and worry about it. It is like we are taking it back. And I am guilty of this, we all are! But if we just give it to God and leave it there, and say God you have it all, you have my life, and make me what you want me to be!
I have people right now telling me that God is preparing me for the ministry, and what He has for me, and I believe He is. But just maybe God is preparing the both of you to be the husband/wife and servant yall need to be. I don't know the situation, but when it is God's time it will come. If it is God's will it will come. In the mean time don't give up praying. Keep on staying in the Word of God, and seeking His will and remaining faithful in your prayer life. Just serve God and put him first place and everything will fall into place!

Job 22:27
Thou shalt make thy prayer known unto him , and he shall hear thee.
Psalms 34:17
The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all thier troubles.
Isaiah 58:9
Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer, thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

----He is always there for yall are in my prayers!! Keep on Serving Christ!!

Hey Sadie, keep your chin up! It may not take as long as years and years! God does many wonderful things! Hey, He gives us the desires that we have for a special reason, and that reason is to glorify Himself. Always remember that; you are God's responsibility, and He cares so much for you.

When you get married, oh what a treasure you will be to that one special person that God sends your way!

Thanks, that was a blessing to hear! Everything will happen in God's timing! In His will, in His way!!!!

God Bless yall!! Keep on putting Him first place!!

Love in Christ, Sadie. Phil.4:13

• Members

Jeff, the good Lord could be letting you see this girl isn't the right one for you. If that's the case, thank the Lord and pray for the strength and patience to wait for Him to reveal to you who the right girl is.

It's possible this girls too "head-strong and independent" and the Lord is trying to spare the two of you much future heartache and troubles.

Pray to the Lord and seek an answer as to what the Lord is trying to tell you and teach you at this time.

• Members

Wow, thanks for those words of wisdom John. I didn't really think of it that way. It's been about 8 months since we first started really talking to each other and like I may have said before, everything just fell into place, I really believe that God brought her into my life, he had to, I was not looking, according to her, she wasn't either, but yet we still found each other. Every time we've been together and during this entire thing, everything has been so focused on God and everything has been great. I haven't lost that focus, I know where my faith is, I just don't understand right now why she is doing this. We've talked about it and she just seems to be like that tree planted by the water, she won't be moved, or something. It's really frustrating because we've spent so much time getting to know each other and it has been a really good experience and I really feel like she's the one God wants me with but now I've hit a bump in the road. I'm not losing faith, because I know God has all things in his control and he will take care of me, it's just this hurt that I'm feeling now. I don't like to point fingers and call people out, but I feel that she is being selfish to no end right now. I have tried to talk to her about it, I told her my feelings, what I thought about everything, what I wanted, what I was praying that God would do with us, and it feels like it's just going in one ear and out the other sometimes.. It's almost like she doesn't care what I want or need, it's all about her. As I told her, I'm willing to make any sacrifice I have to, that's just me, but I can't do this if she's going to be so self-centered and not think about my feelings, she's hurting me through her actions and I pray to God that he'll take the pain away and fix things, I just need patience and peace of mind. I'm at a loss and all I know is to praise God and pray to him for his love and guidance. It's what I'm doing. I was talking to my boss, who is also my friend, and a Christian with very good values to him and he said his wife is that headstrong and independent type and that he's learned that he will never win, and times like these it's just best to ignore her, just forget about her until she comes back, it's just so hard to do, is it right? Should I be ignoring her and try to forget? I just can't bring myself to do it, it feels wrong to try and forget about her.

• Members

Jeff, hey, thanks for the info/updates

Really, whatever happens, it is all in God's Hands.

You wouldn't be hurt if she didn't hurt you! (making a point)

The thing which keeps on coming across in your messages though is not only the hurt that you feel, but you seem rather, "upset" with her. In a way, it consumes that message... how you are upset with her... and what she has done to you...

If I were Jesus, and I were in a situation where someone did me wrong, particularly in breaking my heart, you know what I would say? "Father, forgive them..." (Luke 23:34) That's exactly what I did to Jesus. I broke His heart. Yet he forgave me.

OK, I'm not judging you or anything, but your message is consumed with this problem. I think that your life is a bit messed up because of this too. Getting all this off your chest is what seems to be important--your life will get back to normal.

Ask God to take it off your chest.

If you walk away from where you prayed, and you still hurt, then it's not off your chest. You are holding on to it.

Basically, yes, let her go. Let her go completely.

(Yes, I have been in love, I have loved, and I have proposed. I'm still single. I know what heart-ache is.)

• Members

Jeff,

I've realized some things in the past couple days and I just need to inform you that this is not going to work. You have feelings for me that I don't have for you. I feel like my commitment to God has been compromised in some ways and I can't do that anymore. I've prayed really hard about this and I've been given peace about it...we can't be in a relationship now or later and I feel like attempting a futher friendship with you would hender me being closer and keeping my commitment to God. I'm sorry. You're a nice guy and I'm praying you find the right girl for you.

Brittany

That pretty much sums everything up.. I'm so hurt right now guys.. This just happened.. why is she doing this? I feel like she's being selfish.. I know all about her commitment with God and I've kept it for her.. I pray about it all the time I just don't understand..

• Members

That pretty much sums everything up.. I'm so hurt right now guys.. This just happened.. why is she doing this? I feel like she's being selfish.. I know all about her commitment with God and I've kept it for her.. I pray about it all the time I just don't understand..

Well reading the note (as a female myself ) I actually think she is hiding behind the commitment to God as a way to break up with you .I myself one time I was dating a guy in college who liked me way more than I liked him ,and that scared me and so I had to figure out a way to break up .I used something similar to this ,so he could be let off the hook easily .It didn't quite work as he kept pestering me .I finally had to hide at the college in my room so he would stop stalking me .It was about a month after this ,that I met the guy I would marry .We just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary this past summer .So it may hurt but you do want to find the one God has for you .