• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mass death

• Members

I was reading about this guy, who put a bunch of kittens underwater until they drowned.

Lots of them. Little fluffy faces no longer cute as the hair was pulled back against the face, little tongues falling out of the mouths that couldn't get air. The little meows silenced by the water, the only one heard was the cries of the mother who could run away, that is, until she got drowned too.

It wasn't just kittens and cats, this guy drowned puppies too. Happy hopping, face licking, tail wagging, puppies, put under water until all the air in the tiny little puppy lungs was gone and life ended with one last little spasm. Oh, the doggy mother saw this too, wasn't able to help, and yes, she was drowned just like her litter. Oh, and it wasn't just one litter, but this guy drowned lots of litters of puppies.

Just animals I guess. I suppose you could say that. Until you find out that babies got drowned by this guy too. Ever hold the tiny fingers of a new born baby, and marvel at how awesome even the smallest bit of this tiny life is? Ever hold it underwater until all the movement stops? Those clear, clean, fresh white eyes that look around in wonder at the world, now still and dull as the spark of life has left them. All the baby had the power to do was cry. Those sparkling teethless gums sticking out under the tight lips of it's bellow as it does the only thing it knows how to do, it's new mind racing to find a way to tell it's mom..... I need help. And this only thing it could do, it's only option.. It cannot run, it cannot swim, it cannot reason, all it can do is cry. Those cries where silenced by the water.

How many babies this guy drowned, there is no way to know.. thousands? Millions? You think this is bad? You think this guy is horrible? You think he deserves hell?

This guy, is God.

God flooded the world. Oh, this world wasn't some place of only lions and full grown murdering men... there where puppies, kittens, and yes: New born babies.

You think it's bad imagining this? Think how bad it was for God to WATCH it. To be the hand that DID it.

You think this is horrible? Maybe you should get a clue into how horrible sin is, in the eyes of God.

Horrible enough, that flooding the world was a better option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Rolf, I thought this would get people yelling at me. idk, many views, no comments besides above....... idk, my heart spilled this out cuz idk where the fear of the Lord has gone, why we think you can just walk all over God like he's santa. I guess people don't really disagree cuz I haven't been yelled at.

• Members

As I hold my 6 week old I almost yelled at you, haha, till I read to the end and decided that there wasn't too much I could disagree with.

Except maybe I could have done without the vivid descriptions this morning. haha.

• Members

By the tone of your posts (not here but in other posts as well), Do you want people to yell at you or something. It seem like it.

BTW, I agree with the original post... but at first I thought it was going to be about abortion :)

SPCA killed animals that are aggressive. It have to be done sadly. (I had to edit this later because today is my husband's bday)

• Members

Wow! I just notices this thread and what an excellent bit of writing.

It's very true that today God is almost exclusively preached, taught and thought of (if at all) as an old, grandfatherly, fuzzy, fluffy, overly loving, doting upon all humans because they are all his children, sort of Being in heaven.

How rare it is to truly hear about the wrath of God, what it really means to "fear the Lord" and WHY we should fear the Lord.

Of course, it's often rare to hear much mention of sin anymore, and even more rare to hear just how horrible sin is and how much sin "hurts" God.

I've heard and read a number of preachers preaching on the Old Testament (often specifically from the book of Joshua) who actually go about apologizing for God because He ordered every man, WOMAN AND CHILD, killed among certain of the tribes of peoples in the Promised Land.

• Members
God because He ordered every man' date=' WOMAN AND CHILD, killed among certain of the tribes of peoples in the Promised Land.[/quote']

There is an assistant pastor at my church, who after reading this one pager, brought that up.. told me I could right about that... after penning it, it turned even my stomach. Nothing makes me weep more then my own sins, even the smallest... I don't get the people who think that "little" sins are o.k. with God. I fail more then anyone, I never want to forget that, and I think it's wrong for a church to tell people it's ok.