• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Brother

Will

• Members

Pray for my younger brother Steve. He had a sleep apnea test a couple weeks ago, and when the sleep clinic sent the study to his doctor the doctor almost had a heart attack. My brother's heart rate while he was awake was 40, and when he was asleep it dropped down to 13. This is "bradycardia." Not very good at all. Your heart rate should be between 60 and 100(mine is over 100-tachycardia). The doctor's nurse said that the sleep clinic should not have let my brother go home, but should have sent him to the hospital. They've got him wearing a monitor for the next 24 hours, then going for an echo on Friday. And from there they'll decide how to proceed.

Steve is married with two little girls.

• Members
Guess its genetic eh? :sad

:pray

Probably not actually. Bradycardia is normally umm...contracted(?) rather than being congenital. And mine was likely due to rheumatoid fever(which as far as we know, I never had, so either I had a very mild case or the valve just looked that way). But it could be congenital, you never know. There is that chance that we now have some sort of heart problem in the family.

• Members

Probably not actually. Bradycardia is normally umm...contracted(?) rather than being congenital. And mine was likely due to rheumatoid fever(which as far as we know, I never had, so either I had a very mild case or the valve just looked that way). But it could be congenital, you never know. There is that chance that we now have some sort of heart problem in the family.

Seems like an awfully big coincidence but hey your drs know more than me... How do you contract bradycardia?

Maybe your hearts have a genetic weakness and then any kind of virus or whatever can easily get in there.