• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

reinforced pulpit

• Members

That would be very expensive if you are serious and not joking. Considering the great cost and small risk I don't think it would be the best use of the Lords money. :smile It would be far cheaper and just as effective to line the interior with sandbags or some extra plywood if you are seriously concerned and about the faint possibility of a nutcase shooting at your pastor when he is behind the pulpit.

• Members
That would be very expensive if you are serious and not joking. Considering the great cost and small risk I don't think it would be the best use of the Lords money. :smile It would be far cheaper and just as effective to line the interior with sandbags or some extra plywood if you are seriously concerned and about the faint possibility of a nutcase shooting at your pastor when he is behind the pulpit.

As a pastor I agree. There is more danger in having a wreck coming and going from church services.

• Members

We are a pretty large church by IFB standards. We consistently have 5 -15 visitors on a given Sunday and therefore we have many visitors and returning visitors who are not know by name or face. We do have a security team and are in the process of having them receive better training.

I am getting a quote from pacific bullet proof for one 4 x 8 x 7/16th sheet and will relay the pricing they give me.

orvals

• Members
I am getting a quote from pacific bullet proof for one 4 x 8 x 7/16th sheet and will relay the pricing they give me.

Thanks, I know it would be expensive but I am curious just how much. Do you know if this particular kind and thickness is rated to stop rifle bullets or just handgun bullets? I am thinking the majority of it is only rated for handguns. I know that is true of the bulletproof vests.

• Members

Taken from the PhysicsForum.com

www.fibreglast.com is a very reputable supplier and the one that I use..
Kevlar is NOT inexpensive.
The widest fabric that Fibreglast shows is 50 inch. 5 oz cloth-.010 thickness
is about 33 dollars @ yd if you buy 17 yds.
good luck

And an other.........

Fibreglast is good, but US Composites is typically much cheaper in small quantities and would be $22/yd in 60" width for 5oz:

http://uscomposites.com/kevlar.html

I think some of us have a different view of expensive and cheap. You will also note that this is just the fabric, if you need a actual sheet you will need to add a resin and have a place to lay it up. The 635 epoxy resin from US Composities works well and it cheaper than West or System3 and will not have the air shipping restrictions like a polyester resin (like their 440) in larger quantities. But you will need a company willing to export as well, and without knowing your application....

• Members

I requested pricing on 7/16 which (if I understand chart correctly) is level 3 as shone below.

Level III 7.62mm (.308 Winchester) Full Metal Jacket 150 9.7 838 +/- 15 2750 +/- 50 5
Level IIIA .44 Mag. Lead Semi-Wadcutter Gas Checked 240 15.55 426 +/- 15 1400 +/- 50 5
Level IIIA 9mm Full Metal Jacket 124 8.0 426 +/- 15 1400 +/- 50 5

Orvals

• Administrators
Buy him a gun and a few for for some key men in the church too.... Kevlar won't protect the ladies and children. Men with guns will....small guns' date=' out of sight, train the men to use them.[/quote']
:thumb

The way things are going in this country, arming and training ourselves is going to be a necessity. Especially as the hatred against Christianity grows.