• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Traffic Tickets

Have you ever received a traffic ticket or warning?  

1. 1. Have you ever received a traffic ticket or warning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Would rather not answer

• Members

Last week I got a warning for following to closely... although there was a car length and 1/2 between us..... the cops in this county had nothing better to do. Guess they were trying to get that quota. :frog It made me mad at first, and I told the cop I did not think that I was following to closely. He gave me the ticket and I waded it up and threw it in the back seat........ :eek

• Members

When I was 19, I got one for going 87 in a 35, then two weeks later I got one for 57 in a 55, no misprint. I also got one for "NO HELMET" when my helmet was not found after a Motorcycle accident. All in one year.

Then I got married and got one for going 67 in a 55, with a load of furniture in podunk Wyoming.

Now you know my life history :coffee

• Members
When I was 19, I got one for going 87 in a 35, then two weeks later I got one for 57 in a 55, no misprint. I also got one for "NO HELMET" when my helmet was not found after a Motorcycle accident. All in one year.

Then I got married and got one for going 67 in a 55, with a load of furniture in podunk Wyoming.

Now you know my life history :coffee

Wow... a ticket for 57 in a 55.......... geesh, that was bad!!!!!!!!!! You actually received a ticket for going 2 miles over the speed limit? And I thought the cops here were idiots
:bonK:

• Members

let's see.. following too close (I am sure everyone knows what that mean)

speeding
speeding
and speeding

and a warning for speeding... but the guy let me off because i was going down a steep hill on a 25 mile zone (it isn't easy to keep under 25 miles on a very, very steep hill) and gave me a ticket for not wearing a selt belt instead.

• Members

In 1966 I got off work, I was in the Air Force, at 11:00 PM. I went to my barracks, took a fast shower, already had my stuff in my car, hopped in my car, when I hit I-55 South out of Blytheville, AR, I pushed down hard on my accelerator pedal of my 57 Chevy towards home.

I let up when I saw the lights coming after me, he said I was going 98 in a 75.

I was 19 years of age and in a big hurry to cover a bit over 300 miles of mostly 2 lane highways and that was my 1st ticket.

• Members

Like a dummy, I bought a new car, gave the title and paperwork to my parents, and went joy riding. Later that day, I had an epiphany. I realized that without any paperwork, how would I be able to prove it was my car? Literally 1 second after I thought that, the blue lights went off. Apparantly, my new truck's rear brake lights did not work. After convincing the cop I had not stolen the truck, he let me go with a warning, and told me to drive with my flashers on till it was fixed.

Then I got a ticket for speeding, and another one for speeding. I also got pulled for not signaling. It was 2 o'clock in the morning (I worked 2nd shift) and there was no cars in sight. I turned into my apartment complex, and out of nowhere, headlights are behind me. Then those headlights turned into flashers. I probably would have been alright, but not having my current insurance card (I had previous ones dating 3 years, and the one that was dated for the future 6 months, but not the current one) landed me a nice fine.

I have been (knock on wood) accident free and ticket free for 4 or 5 years now.

• Members

Once several years out in Texas I was going up a mountain side and passed another truck and it winds up blocking him in behind a slower truck, as I went by the cab of his truck he looks over towards me shaking his fist at me as if he is extremely mad at me.

Wow, that man got very mad, but I was going quite a bit faster up the side of that mountain than he or the truck in front of him. As I top the mountain by radar detector starts barking at me.

At that time the speed limit was 55, so I slowed down going off the other side of the mountain holding 55 MPH. In a few minutes here comes the truck that I accidentally blocked in, as he passed the cab of my truck once again he is shaking his fist at me.

I look way off down in the valley below us and got a glimpse of a Texas state trooper coming at us with my radar detector about to jump off the dash from barking so loud. I thought, should I tell him who is down there, no better not, he probably would not believe me anyway, It seem this fellow was now going to show me just how fast his truck would run off the side of that mountain. Rather quickly he was completely out of my sight.

A few miles down the road there he is setting on the shoulder of the road with a Texas State Trooper car with its light blinking setting behind his truck, he and the trooper are standing behind his truck, the trooper is busy writing him out a ticket. As I pass by, once again this man shakes his fist up in the air at me and I could see his mouth moving, I feel sure what ever it was he was saying was not very nice at all and it was pointed towards me.