• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Not Sure Why I Balked...

• Members

I always said that I could never homeschool, it wasn't for me, yada, yada, yada. I was afraid I couldn't do a good job and the kids wouldn't learn anything.

Well we are homeschooling for the first time this year and :uuhm: :uuhm: :uuhm: I actually enjoy it! :lol: We had a great beginning to the school year.

In December, ask me how its going. :cool

• Members

:frog DH said the same thing. I have always said that I don't like teaching, don't have the gift and that I would rather do secretarial type work. DH tells me I do have a gift for teaching and that he's glad we decided to do this. He was always opposed to homeschooling because his youngest brother and sister were homeschooled and isolated from everything and everybody. He didn't want that for our kids. So, we are homeschooling but are also being a normal family and keeping the children around other people in church and family functions.

Oh, I have to brag on him for a minute. The guy can build absolutely anything. He went to Lowe's and bought a piece of some kind of shower board or something like that. Anyway, it is white on one side and can be used for a dry erase board. It was a big piece, so he cut it in half and painted the other half with chalkboard paint. He then put the dry erase board and chalkboard back to back and made a nice wooden frame around them and then put legs and wheels on the frame so it is portable. :thumb A most helpful addition to our homeschooling endeavor!

• Members

That's great news!

Like everything, homeschooling has its ups and downs, but the time spent with our children, keeping them separated from some of the wicked world until they are ready to rightly deal with such, and growing and learning together (and so much more) make it so wonderful.

One of the great aspects of homeschooling is not having to set our time tables according to public school hours. This means the children can sometimes be involved in activites, or go with parents on various things, when they would have missed out if in public school.

Family functions, church, and a variety of other endeavors ensures the children are not isolated and that they have interaction among others.

Your children will be blessed by this, and so will you and your husband!

And...your husband sounds like a very handy man! That board he made for you is an excellent idea! :thumb