• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Schisms - How they started

• Members

From post: "Bad Advertisement"
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25891

I was concerned the other day when I had a pastor friend tell me that the major ad on Online Baptist is a member of an SBC church that has women deacons. MorrisCookBooks is not what you thing. They even have a gay receptionist. Lesbo. I was shocked that such a company would be the primary sponsorer of an IFB site.

FeatherDuster' date=' have you come across that information for me yet? If it its what you say I will remove it.[/quote']

Is this an example of why churches/denominations have schisms?

Unsubstantiated rumor and conjecture.

I didn't think it held air from the beginning but BroMatt is doing the correct thing in following up.

• Members

Some people have a grudge and start false rumors on purpose, while others just mistakenly spread them. I have seen in the past on other boards where people I know were banned from here were claiming that this board taught works salvation and other such things that would give others the wrong impression. Also I have seen where it was claimed that anyone who was KJVO was a cultist worshiping a book and not God. Of course we know that isn't true either. Because of the type of board this is it is bound to attract some enemies, even among those who use the name baptist.

• Members

His intent might have been good, but before posting that he should have had the information in hand so that he could prove the point. Obviously he did not have it in hand.

Perhaps he has learned a very good lesson, but I personally don't think this will help, Bro. Matt was handling it quite good.