• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Great Quotes

tired

• Members

?The gospel of Satan is not a system of revolutionary principles, nor yet a program of anarchy. It does not promote strife and war, but aims at peace and unity. It seeks not to set the mother against her daughter nor the father against his son, but fosters the fraternal spirit whereby the human race is regarded as one great ?brotherhood.? It does not seek to drag down the natural man, but to improve and uplift him. It advocates education and cultivation and appeals to ?the best that is within us.? It aims to make this world such a comfortable and congenial habitat that Christ?s absence from it will not be felt and God will not be needed.?
- A.W. Pink

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Why should a man come to the cross, embracing death with Christ, going into the tomb and rising again with Him? Because that is the only way God can get glory out of a human being! Without such a motivation, we are defrauding God of the glory He could get out of our lives. We do not go for the victory, although we shall be victorious. We don?t go for the joy, though we shall find pure joy in His service. We do not go for peace, though this is what we shall have. We do not go for blessing for He never promised us a ?better life?, but rather a life of persecution, suffering and rejection for His name- for ?He that seeks to save his life shall loose it, but he that loses his life for he, shall keep it for eternity?

-Paris Reidhead
No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying. The pulpit can be a shop window to display one?s talents; the prayer closet allows no showing off.?
-Leonard Ravenhill

The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.?
-Samuel Chadwick

• 3 months later...
  • Members

"If Jesus Christ should become pastor of one of the leading churches in this city and talk as straight to them as He did to the treacherous Jerusalem set in the Temple, I wonder how long He would hold His job?"
Billy Sunday
"The longer we live and the more tears we shed, the more homesick we become for Heaven."
Harold B. Sightler
"If we could see the end from the beginning, as God does, we would laugh through our tears to see the wonderful improvement which our heavenly Father's chastisement works in our lives."
B. R. Lakin
"The Cross is the key to peace. "
R. G. Lee
Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Revelation 6:17, KJV)
What a great responsibility God has laid upon us preachers of His gospel and teachers of His Word. In that future day when God's wrath is poured out, how are we going to answer? How am I going to answer? I fear there is much we are doing in the name of the Christian church that is wood, hay and stubble destined to be burned up in God's refining fire. A day is coming when I and my fellow ministers must give account of our stewardship:
What kind of a gospel did we preach?
Did we make it plain that men and women who are apart from Christ Jesus are lost?
Did we counsel them to repent and believe?
Did we tell them of the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit?
Did we warn them of the wrath of the Lamb?the crucified, resurrected, outraged Lamb of God?
With that kind of accounting yet to come, the question John hears from the human objects of God's wrath is especially significant: "Who can stand?" (6:17). Who indeed? JIV108.
?Lord, how am I going to answer??
(A.W. Tozer, Tozer on Christian Leadership, March 29)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

All you have to do is to sow the seed; some of it will fall on good ground and bear good fruit, and some of it will be wasted - but our command remains the same."
Jacob Gartenhaus
1896-1984
No matter how much people try to change it, get rid of it, or deny it, it will still remain just as God said."
Mickey P. Carter
If you knew for certain that your days on earth were numbered, would you not want to spend more time in prayer?"
John Linton
1888-1965

• Members

If only our founding fathers could be heard in our public schools and institutions.

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

John Adams - 1798

Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure...are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments.

Charles Carroll - 1800

God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel

Benjamin Franklin - 1787

It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.
Patrick Henry - 1765

God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift from God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever.

Thomas Jefferson - 1781

We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We?ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity?to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.

James Madison - 1778