• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Our college ladies dorm super needs prayer...

• Administrators

We just found out that the ladies dorm supervisor has cancer. Please be in prayer for her and her family.

~ that God would have His way with this cancer, and heal it if it is His will
~ that God will draw Mrs. Leslie and her family closer to the Lord through this
~ that God will be glorified through all this

The Leslies have 4 children. Their oldest daughter is teaching school in Aguascalientes, Mexico. She teaches the children of missionaries learning Spanish before they go to their field. Their next daughter and their son are both in college. Their youngest daughter is 16 and has downs syndrome (BTW - the youngest daughter just got saved a few months ago after years of praying that she would be saved when she understood! Amen). Mr. Leslie is in charge of maintenance and the grounds - and he does an excellent job!

Suzy, Trish and Jennifer (5dmplngs), would you consider sending her a card or letter? I thought it would be neat if we could inundate her with cards and/or letters from ladies who were in the dorm during the years she's been there. Would you pass the word on to other ladies you know were there and ask them to pray and drop her a line? Thanks!

• Members

Definitely! Hmm I had heard a rumor someone else there had cancer but now I can see how it could have easily been confused as "dorm supervisor".

What kind of cancer? You can PM me if you want.

Thanks for letting us know, I'll definitely get a card. How far along is the cancer? Please PM me as many details as you can.

:sad

• Administrators

Suzy, a few years back Mrs. Gaus had Leukemia, and she nearly died - more than once! The doctors didn't know why she didn't (but we do... :praying :amen: ). She is completely cancer free now. Maybe that's the rumbling you heard. I will pm you with the details I have, which aren't many!

• Members
We just found out that the ladies dorm supervisor has cancer. Please be in prayer for her and her family.

~ that God would have His way with this cancer, and heal it if it is His will
~ that God will draw Mrs. Leslie and her family closer to the Lord through this
~ that God will be glorified through all this

The Leslies have 4 children. Their oldest daughter is teaching school in Aguascalientes, Mexico. She teaches the children of missionaries learning Spanish before they go to their field. Their next daughter and their son are both in college. Their youngest daughter is 16 and has downs syndrome (BTW - the youngest daughter just got saved a few months ago after years of praying that she would be saved when she understood! Amen). Mr. Leslie is in charge of maintenance and the grounds - and he does an excellent job!

Suzy, Trish and Jennifer (5dmplngs), would you consider sending her a card or letter? I thought it would be neat if we could inundate her with cards and/or letters from ladies who were in the dorm during the years she's been there. Would you pass the word on to other ladies you know were there and ask them to pray and drop her a line? Thanks!

Praying, and done!

• Members
Although' date=' she was not my favorite person at Fairhaven... I do hate to hear that she is sick. From what I gathered from another site.... she has ovarian cancer that has spread to her liver and breasts. I will pray for her and her family.[/quote']

I don't think that was necessary to say in this particular thread, personally...

I could probably bring up issues I have with Fairhaven... but she was not one of them. I was fairly close to her and then she was like a mother to my younger sister when my mom died in a car accident during my sister's freshman year. She's a wonderful person and I pray God heals her completely.