• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Interesting Doctrine I've Just Recently Heard About

Will

• Members

It's called "Millennial Exclusion," or "Kingdom Accountability." Basically, it's purgatory for Baptists/Protestants. The only people that I presently know who believe this are KJVO-IFB's, which seems a bit odd to me. However, I have been assured by these people that there is a Presbyterian pastor or two who believes it.

What is it? Millennial Exclusion is the belief that during the Millennial Reign of Christ, those of us who are "bad" here on earth will suffer in hell to be purified. And then we get to go to heaven. There are a couple branches of this theology(supposedly) that don't believe in hellfire for believers, but I have yet to meet any Kingdom Exclusionist who don't believe in hellfire for believers.

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/doctrine/faust.htm

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/do ... dgesas.htm

• Members
Charles Stanley is one of those pastors that believes in this doctrine.

If you do a search on these boards, you will find several threads on this theme.

Why do you keep saying this even after I posted several items on this that show Charles Stanley does not believe in this? I even posted a link to where Charles Stanley addressed the idea of M.E. and he clearly stated he doesn't believe it's true.

I've read several of his books and listened to years of his sermons and he preaches the "standard" Pre-Mil Rapture/Tribulation/1,000 year kingdom as most of us here believe.

In fact, I've never personally encountered anyone who believes in M.E. and I had never heard of it until it was discussed on this forum previously.

• Members

Jerry, could you be more specific because I can't find it?

The links I provided in another thread were from Charles Stanley directly addressing the issue and he flatly denied that M.E. is true and clearly stated his position as being the same you and I hold. Since that time, he even hosted a special event on the topic of the end-times with Dr. Pentecost and again his beliefs on this are the same as you and I have put forth here before.

• Members
What is it? Millennial Exclusion is the belief that during the Millennial Reign of Christ, those of us who are "bad" here on earth will suffer in hell to be purified. And then we get to go to heaven. There are a couple branches of this theology(supposedly) that don't believe in hellfire for believers, but I have yet to meet any Kingdom Exclusionist who don't believe in hellfire for believers.

What is the his basis for this belief?

• Members

Jerry, I finally found the tiny reference to Charles Stanley. This is the exact same article from which the previous thread on this topic discussed on which I posted the items from Charles Stanley himself refuting M.E. and proclaiming the same view on this topic as we do.

I also looked up references to the book they claimed promotes M.E. and have thus far found nothing to substantiate that claim. I even read many critiques of the book and so far, not a one has mentioned the M.E. issue.

If there is a reference to Charles Stanley believing in M.E. I can't find it. If you, or anyone, can provide such, please do so.

And, so that no one mistakes me here, I don't believe Charles Stanley is perfect in all he writes, says or does, (in fact, there are a few things I take issue with him over) but I've never once read or heard anything from him that would even remotely give the idea he believes anything regarding the 1,000 years that's any different than what most of us here believe.

• Members

PAGE 30

For the first 9500 years of the history of the world, God did not utilize any divine institutions like Israel or the local congregations to represent the kingdom of God in the world. The largest institution that existed was the family. But then for about 3500 years God used an earthly institution to corporately represent the kingdom of God. From the time Israel came out of Egypt in 1447 B.C. until Pentecost of A.D. 33, it was the nation of Israel. Then at Pentecost in A.D. 33, God shifted the representation of the kingdom of God to another God-ordained institution which were the local churches that have existed throughout the church age.

During the time of God's use of the nation of Israel God developed a legal entity with priests and a temple and synagogues. During the time of God's usage of the church age He developed a divine God ordained entity which was the local church. It, too, by God's commands had church overseers such as elders and deacons and pastors and teachers.

However, with the end of the church age the vineyard was totally destroyed. Never again would God use an earthly institution to externally represent the kingdom of God. During the final season, during which time the final harvest of believers would be brought in, God would only use individual believers.

Assembling Together of Ourselves

This agrees with the statement of Hebrews 10:25 where God commands that as Judgment Day approaches, we are not to neglect the assembling of ourselves together. The word "ourselves" surprises us. During the church age, we would expect to see the word "church" or "congregation" rather than the word "ourselves." However, during the latter rain, God does not use an earthly organization such as He had used national Israel or as He used the local congregations throughout the church age. He uses individual believers.

It is true that believers can come together in an organization such as Family Radio to facilitate the sending forth of the Gospel into the world. But Family Radio has no membership. It does not have any spiritual rule over those who support it. It has no Biblical standing as a God-ordained organization. Because we know that it is God who works in the believer to will and to do of His good pleasure, we know that only God can raise up an organization like Family Radio. We must give God all the glory for whatever successes it may have as it sends the Gospel into all the world. But it must be simply looked at as a convenient vehicle by which individual believers can be used of God
Harold Camping literature online on family radio. It is from the article the falling away of the church

• Members

Purgatory is a catholic myth not supported in the Bible. When a person dies they either go to heaven if they know Jesus, or to hell if they don't. There is no inbetween. Paul wrote "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col 1:27). Jesus suffered or our sins on the cross. There is nothing we can add to this completed work. Purgatory is adding to Christ's atonement for our sins. There is only one penalty for sin: death which is eternal separation from God. Paul wrote:

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death"

2 Thessalonians 1:9 "Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;."

The penalty of sin is eternal separation from God. Eternity is forever. For us to pay sin's penalty requires eternity which means we would never ever pay it. People who die in their sins go to hell forever. Jesus died on the cross for our sins in our place. When we receive this free gift of atonement for our sins by faith when we receive Jesus Himself into our hearts as Savior and Lord, His death becomes our death for our sins, penalty paid in full, never to be paid again. When we receive Christ we die with Him on the cross. Paul tells us in Romans 7 that the law can only make claims on the living. When we die in Christ the law can no longer make any claims on us, we are freed from the law having paid its penalty through Christ. However, also if we die with Christ on the cross we shall also be raised up with Christ in a glorified body like his never to die again to be with Jesus in heaven forever. End of story

Love,
Madeline