• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello

Guest Guest

I realize I may not be warmly welcomed here. I am a catholic and have been reading these boards to better understand your faith and In the process came to the conclusion that most of you have an ill concieved notion of the catholic faith and don't even recognize us as a legitimate Christian denomination. I decided to join so that I may help some of the catholics already on this site clear things up so that we may become brothers and sisters in Christ.

• Members

Hi
This is my first time on this site also. In fact I just got a computer and am very new to even going on line. I read Matthew 16:18's posting and wanted to share with you that I was raised Catholic myself. I am now a member of an independent fundamental Baptist church. What I have learned through God's Word is that being a Christian isn't about what religion you call yourself. I would like to share some verses with you that I hope will help you.You become a Christian by realizing these 4 things. First we are all sinners. The Bible says in Romans 3:10 "As it is written,There is none righteous, no, not one. " Second that there is a penalty for sin. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death..." and in Revelation 21:8 the Bible says "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 20:14 says "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." The penalty for sin is hell being separated from God forever. However God loved us so much that he sent his only begotten son Jesus to come and die on the cross and pay the penalty for our sin. Romans 5:8 says "But God commendeth His love toward us , in that, while we were yet sinners,Christ died for us. " Jesus paid it all in shedding His blood and His death, burial and ressurection. Romans 6:23 goes on to say "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." We can have a eternal life and have a home in Heaven only through Jesus. We can't "work" our way to Heaven or have people pray for us once we have died. We have to take the gift that God has given us..Romans 10:9 "That if tho shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:13 "For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." We need to have our sins washed away and we need to accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour and trust Him as the only way to Heaven.If you believe that you are a sinner and that the penalty for sin is hell but that Jesus died on the cross and rose again to pay for your sin you can take that gift by believing in your heart and praying. You just need to come to Jesus and ask Him to take away your sin and put your faith in Him to take you to Heaven. I had always knew about Jesus but I had never asked Him for salvation. In fact I had done wrong things and thought I wouldn't be able to go to Heaven. On February 12,1998 a soulwinner came to my door and showed me these verses from the Bible and I prayed and trusted Jesus to take me to Heaven and I was forgiven of all my sin. I wanted to share that with you as I do understand perhaps where you are coming from having been raised in a Catholic home and even having gone to a Catholic school. I hope that you will read these verses and that you will accept Jesus as your personal Saviour. I am so thankful that I did and cannot begin to tell you of the hope ,peace and joy I now have.
Here is one of my favorite verses from Matthew-Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God,and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
In Christ
Is40:31

I realize I may not be warmly welcomed here.

Hi, and welcome.
We don't hate catholics we hate catholicism. :frog As long as you will place what the bible says foremost and honestly seek Gods truth with all your heart we will get along.

P.S. I hope we can really become brothers and sisters in Christ too. :wink
God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. :Green