• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

cocnut question

• Members

I don't know very much about coconuts either but I think it should slosh a bit when shaken. Pierce the eyes with something sharp and drain off any liquid and reserve it if you need it for anything. Then crack the coconut with a hammer and then have fun digging out the meat. I hope this helps. CJP56

• Members

If it's not green, then it's probably not fresh fresh. I don't know if you could even get a real fresh one up north. I always thought coconuts were brown and fuzzy like until a few years ago when I lived away down south where there were coconut trees all over the place; then I found out what real fresh coconuts looked and tasted like - what a difference!

• Members
If it's not green' date=' then it's probably not fresh fresh. I don't know if you could even get a real fresh one up north. I always thought coconuts were brown and fuzzy like until a few years ago when I lived away down south where there were coconut trees all over the place; then I found out what real fresh coconuts looked and tasted like - what a difference![/quote']

Well the green part is the hard outer shell and the brown is the inner nut which is what you buy at the store.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

[quote="matie-k"]If it's not green, then it's probably not fresh fresh. I don't know if you could even get a real fresh one up north. I always thought coconuts were brown and fuzzy like until a few years ago when I lived away down south where there were coconut trees all over the place; then I found out what real fresh coconuts looked and tasted like - what a difference![/quote]

I ate fresh coconut like that when I was sick in Belize! They chopped the coconut right out of the tree, then they took a machete and hacked the top of. I drank the milk and ate the soft meat inside the coconut and I was recovered within 24 hours. They chop down the coconuts and drink the juice for an afternoon refreshment break like folks here stop for a soda break.

Now whenever I have stomach troubles I head for the market and buy a can of coconut milk to drink - works every time.