• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What if someone gets saved but then commits a sin?

Guest Guest

• Members

Your doing something that we do not. We respect the coc by not going to their message boards questioning their teaching while promoting ours. Of which your not returning this respect, for that is exactly what your doing.

If I did as you by going to a coc message board, doing there as you are here, I rightly would not expect to be welcomed with open arms.

Mt

• Members

Your doing something that we do not. We respect the coc by not going to their message boards questioning their teaching while promoting ours. Of which your not returning this respect, for that is exactly what your doing.

If I did as you by going to a coc message board, doing there as you are here, I rightly would not expect to be welcomed with open arms.

Mt

• Members

No, COC, we do not desire to discuss your false doctrines on these boards. We are here to teach and discuss Bible doctrines - not cult doctrines.

As far as the thief on the cross went, he placed his faith in Christ while on the cross - therefore any baptism (which you seem to imagine) prior would not have proved anything as the Bible teaches believer's baptism, not just some ritual of getting dunked under water - but the first step of obedience for a new believer.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Eternal Security In the New Testament

If a person asks Jesus to come into their heart and asks God to forgive their sins and tells others

that they have accepted Jesus as Lord because He died for their sins and rose from the grave,

that person is saved from going to hell when they die. But what happens if that person sins later

in life?

Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. KJV

Once you are saved God imputes Jesus righteousness to you forever and will never impute or charge sin to you again.

Rom 7:19-20

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. KJV

Paul tells us that it is not you, the spirit, that sins but you the old nature and flesh, that is charged

with the sin.

1 Cor 15:50-54

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. KJV

1 Cor 3:10-15

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. KJV

Notice in verse 15, that even if you lose all your rewards you yourself will go to heaven and not hell.