• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What if someone gets saved but then commits a sin?

Guest Guest

• Members

Amazing at the number of people who believe that being born again, John 3:3, believing on Christ and having everlasting life, John 3:16, and He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life, John 3:36, only last till ones 1st sin, them they have to do it all over again in order not to perish.

But them some people has problems dividing the Word of the truth, perhaps that is because they fail to, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth," 2 Timothy 2:15.

And if one would be completely lost after they have been born again, John 3:3, and received everlasting life as in John 3:16, them John 3:16 would be a lie, for it tells us those who believe on Jesus and have been born again has everlasting life and shall not perish.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Jesus died before we "got our sin right". Think about that one (and read Romans 5:8 while you're at it :smile )

actually i got the same question and i think this answer satisfy my thirst to answer his question.

good answer :thumb

• Members

Confess it and forsake it.
When you are born of the Spirit, you now have a new nature, but you still have the sin nature. But the difference now, is you are now indwelled with the Holy Spirit. When you sin now, the Holy Spirit is grieved. You are out of fellowship with God and your joy is gone and your peace is gone. You must confess your sin to God and turn away from it. Then you can fellowship with Him again. Not only that, but God will chasten you for your sin. On the other hand, if a person can sin, and just continue on and on as if nothing ever happened, it may be that he has naver been born again...he doesn't have the new nature. God doesn't let His children get by with sin. If we confess our sins, He sis faithful and just to FORGIVE us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. But If a child of God doesn't confess and forsake his sin, God will bring out the rod, and believe me, He will do it.

Fellowship
My wife recently witnessed to a 90-something year old lady with severe altzeimer's. She didn't Know her husband (yes, he's still alive), she didn't know her children, but she lit up when my wife mentioned being saved and then she told about the time she was saved. God can hold the whole universe in the palm of His hand, my friend......When somebody as big as God moves into your heart, you KNOW it. And If God moved into your heart, ain't nobody big enough to move him out. He said he would never leave us nor forsake us. But He can be grieved. We can lose His fellowship, until we get it right; but we can never be lost again....it's God who does the saving and keeping, not us. Our responsibility is to trust God, feed and nurture the new nature, read God's Word and pray and fellowship with him and other Christians. Then when we do sin, confess it, forsake it, believe and go on for God.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If "Once saved always saved is true then please explain the following passages?"

1. Acts 8:12-24
2. 1 Cor 10:12
3. 1 Cor 9:27
4. 2 Peter 2:20-22
5. 2 Peter 1:10
6. Galatians 5:4 (Man is saved by Grace Eph 2:8; not Grace alone (Titus 2:11) So, what if we fall from Grace?)

In Christ,

Robert

• Members
If "Once saved always saved is true then please explain the following passages?"

6. Galatians 5:4 (Man is saved by Grace Eph 2:8; not Grace alone (Titus 2:11) So, what if we fall from Grace?)

In Christ,

Robert

One thing we can know for sure, if someone loses their slavation, they cannot get it back.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Heb 6:4-6 (KJV)

But we don;t have to worry about that.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1:3-5 (KJV)

For all who have been saved are kept by the power of God. So the verses are truth.

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:15-16 (KJV)

When we are save we have eternal life, verse 15, everlasting life, verse 16. Surely you don't think God would tell us we have something if its not true. Or maybe you don't believe the Bible.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:18 (KJV)

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:36 (KJV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 5:24 (KJV)

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John 6:47 (KJV)

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:28-29 (KJV)

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:1 (KJV)

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1 John 5:10-12 (KJV)

Surely you can't disagree with the Bible.

• Members

One thing we can know for sure, if someone loses their slavation, they cannot get it back.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Heb 6:4-6 (KJV)

But we don;t have to worry about that.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1:3-5 (KJV)

For all who have been saved are kept by the power of God. So the verses are truth.

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:15-16 (KJV)

When we are save we have eternal life, verse 15, everlasting life, verse 16. Surely you don't think God would tell us we have something if its not true. Or maybe you don't believe the Bible.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:18 (KJV)

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:36 (KJV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 5:24 (KJV)

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John 6:47 (KJV)

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:28-29 (KJV)

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:1 (KJV)

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1 John 5:10-12 (KJV)

Surely you can't disagree with the Bible.

Jerry,

I do believe the Bible. It is the inspired Word of God (2 Tim 3:16-17) and it gives us everything that we need for life and godliness. (2 Peter 1:3) I believe God for I know that He can not lie. (Titus 1:2) I just don't believe that you are correctly understanding the Bible.

The passages that I provided for you as well as others clearly teach that one can be saved and then be lost. Acts 8:12ff gives us one prime example of this.

The passage that you quoted, Heb 6:4-6, clearly states that it is possible for one to fall away. You said that if one did then he could not repent and be forgiven but this would contradict 1 John 1:9. So, what does that passage teach? It is teaching that if we have learned all these things and turn away then it is impossible to renew him in the sense that he will not seek forgiveness.

If we could not be lost once we were saved then why warn us (1 Cor 10:12)? Why would Paul have to buffit his body?

In Christ,

Robert

• Members

Jerry,

I do believe the Bible. It is the inspired Word of God (2 Tim 3:16-17) and it gives us everything that we need for life and godliness. (2 Peter 1:3) I believe God for I know that He can not lie. (Titus 1:2) I just don't believe that you are correctly understanding the Bible.

The passages that I provided for you as well as others clearly teach that one can be saved and then be lost. Acts 8:12ff gives us one prime example of this.

The passage that you quoted, Heb 6:4-6, clearly states that it is possible for one to fall away. You said that if one did then he could not repent and be forgiven but this would contradict 1 John 1:9. So, what does that passage teach? It is teaching that if we have learned all these things and turn away then it is impossible to renew him in the sense that he will not seek forgiveness.

If we could not be lost once we were saved then why warn us (1 Cor 10:12)? Why would Paul have to buffit his body?

In Christ,

Robert

As I showed you, we can't be lost after we are saved. No contradictions. Just as we can't be saved by water baptism.

I stand on the Bible ad the verses I gave you, they're very clear.

I think your here for the wrong reason, to bring false teachings to this board and to try to win converts to the coC. You have clearly showed that you do not accept Bible truths.

I shall not go any further with you, its useless. I have to follow the Bible on this.

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Titus 3:10-11 (KJV)

• Members

In Christ,

Robert

http://maranatha777.wordpress.com/

• Members

I'm wondering why this guy is allowed to stay on here and continually argue about losing our salvation and baptism being required for salvation when a thread where a couple of us were discussing a Christian music group got shut down before it got through the first page. I would say that these attacks on salvation are a little more serious than talking about some music we like that is "worse than cartoon and video game music." :huh:

• Members

As I showed you, we can't be lost after we are saved. No contradictions. Just as we can't be saved by water baptism.

I stand on the Bible ad the verses I gave you, they're very clear.

I think your here for the wrong reason, to bring false teachings to this board and to try to win converts to the coC. You have clearly showed that you do not accept Bible truths.

I shall not go any further with you, its useless. I have to follow the Bible on this.

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Titus 3:10-11 (KJV)

Jerry,

You have not shown me that one can not be lost once one is saved. You have not explained the passages that I provided for you in light of your claim.

Also, you said that just as we are not saved by water baptism, we are always saved once we are saved.

If we are not saved by water baptism then please explain 1 Peter 3:21 which in fact says that we are saved by baptism. (Please note that I have not said that we are saved by baptism alone. The Bible also teaches that we are saved by faith which we have seen in many many verses but not by faith alone either as we see in James 2:24 and right here as well.)

I am accused of trashing the Bible, attacking salvation, ignoring what is written, not believing God or the Bible and yet I am not the one that is making statements that directly contradict explicit statements within the Bible. I might add that we are not talking about a matter of one saying a verse means one thing and another says it means something else. It directly states something.

I have had a person on this very site, who by the way has made personal attacks on me, state that the Bible does not say "he that believes and is baptized will be saved," while the Bible states that explicitly in Mark 16:16. That same person also said that the Bible says that we are saved by faith only. Yet the Bible explicitly states that we are not justified (saved) by faith only (James 2:24). Now Jerry, you tell me that we are not saved by water baptism and yet the Bible explicitly states that we are saved by baptism.

Who am I to believe? People or the Bible? I choose to believe the Bible.

Now, if what I have said has offended anyone or if people are not comfortable with me being here then I suppose that those who over see this site are free to run me off, but the truth is the truth and no matter how upsetting it is, that is not going to change.

You know, you would think that people who profess to have faith in the word of God would not feel so threatened by one person. Imagine if there were 100 of us or 1000 or more.

To Everyone:

Please, do not think I am trying to argue with you or attack you or be hateful to you. I believe in opening up the Bible and studying it. I believe in sharing the word of God with others. I have come on here with a desire to do just that, open up the Bible and share it with others as we together look at the word of God. Though others have felt the need to attack me, I have not done so in kind.

In Christ,

Robert

• Members
I'm wondering why this guy is allowed to stay on here and continually argue about losing our salvation and baptism being required for salvation when a thread where a couple of us were discussing a Christian music group got shut down before it got through the first page. I would say that these attacks on salvation are a little more serious than talking about some music we like that is "worse than cartoon and video game music." :huh:

Kevin,

I have not attacked salvation. I have simply pointed out what the Bible teaches. I stand on the Word of God not on what a man says.

As to arguing, if I am agruing then so are you.

In Christ,

Robert

• Members

I think each of these verses that he's posting needs to be answered so I'm gonna take a few of them. Hopefully someone else will pick up the others, I don't have time to be on here long.

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

This one is pretty easy. Christ is useless to us if we are justified by the law because we are relying on our good works to get us into Heaven rather than the grace that God has bestowed. The Bible makes it pretty clear that we cannot get into Heaven by the law because the law condemns us.

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

This is pretty simple, too. We all have the potential to fall into sin but that doesn't affect our salvation and that verse doesn't say that it does. We all have to be careful not to fall back into sin and it's easiest when we think we're strongest.

• Members

To Everyone on this site:

I am going to refrain from posting on this site any longer. It has taken up too much of my time. I have too many other duties to take care of to allow this site to take up so much time.

I have to the best of my ability been open and honest with the Word of God. I have provided many passages in support of the things that I have said. While some on here have made false and personal attacks on me, I believe that not everyone here is like that.

I ask that you go back and look at the post that I made. Please, study the passages that I provided. These things are too important and eternity is too long to get them wrong. If anyone ask any further questions on these or any thing else, please contact me by PM.

I would also like someone to explain the differences between fundamental baptist and other denominations of baptist such as southern, free will, missionary, etc...

I thank everyone who provides information on this.

In Christ,

Robert

• Members
To Everyone on this site:

I am going to refrain from posting on this site any longer. It has taken up too much of my time. I have too many other duties to take care of to allow this site to take up so much time.

I have to the best of my ability been open and honest with the Word of God. I have provided many passages in support of the things that I have said. While some on here have made false and personal attacks on me, I believe that not everyone here is like that.

I ask that you go back and look at the post that I made. Please, study the passages that I provided. These things are too important and eternity is too long to get them wrong. If anyone ask any further questions on these or any thing else, please contact me by PM.

I would also like someone to explain the differences between fundamental baptist and other denominations of baptist such as southern, free will, missionary, etc...

I thank everyone who provides information on this.

In Christ,

Robert

The "baptism" in 1 Peter 3:21 is speaking of being spiritually placed in Christ. Being dunked in physical H2O will not save you. Faith and faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way. Ephesians 2:8-9. Jesus is Eternal life. Do you have(hath) Eternal life living in your soul? Have you passed from death unto life?

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

• 4 months later...