• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What if someone gets saved but then commits a sin?

Guest Guest

Hm... every believer who has ever lived did that every day. What happens? Their sin marred their fellowship with the Lord until they got their sin right.

True. I don't think there is much reason to continue this thread. If you die in mortal sin, then you are not saved. It's as simple as that.

• Members

There is no such thing as a mortal sin - all sins bring death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Each sin is enough to make us guilty of Hell - which is why we need a Saviour.

Q: What if someone gets saved but then commits a sin?

A: They sure as heck better seek God?s forgiveness and a restoration of unity with our Lord. We should be reminded of Paul?s words in his letter to the churches of Galatia.

Gal 5:1 (KJV) - Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

• Members

We know that if we say we have no sin, we are lying. (1st John 1:8, 10) But if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1st John 1:9)

Many Christians get the idea that once we're saved, we'll just walk up to the pearly gates, slap Jesus five, and walk right in like we own the place. That's just simply not the case. 2nd Corinthians 5:10 says that "we" will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ to receive the things done in the body, whether good or bad. When Paul ways "we" he means.... well... "we."

The unsaved will be judged according to God's standard of righteousness, which is perfection. Therefore, they will all be cast into the lake of fire.

The saved will be judged according to their service to Christ. 1st Corinthians 3:10-15 is a good passage for that. Some people will rule in Heaven, some will have much treasure, some will have several crowns, and so on. The work we do for Christ here on earth will directly impact our eternity. If we are sinning and not focusing on our work for Him, of course we will not receive any rewards in Heaven.

• Members
A: They sure as **** better seek God?s forgiveness and a restoration of unity with our Lord. We should be reminded of Paul?s words in his letter to the churches of Galatia.

Please refrain from using slang substitutes for swear words on these boards in respect for the other members here.

Please refrain from using slang substitutes for swear words on these boards in respect for the other members here.

Jerry,

I know in no way meant to disrespect anyone, nor was I swearing in slang. My point was Hell is real, and you better seek unity with God or you might just end up there. Unfortunately, in this PC world many are afraid of the word itself -- which is used throughout the Good Book -- and react in the manner you just did.

Take a look at this: Hell in the Bible (KJV)

That said, I will refrain from using the word again on this board.

He's not talking about the actual usage of the word Hell' date=' but in the context of which it was used.[/quote']
Appreciate the feedback and I see where you are coming from. Let me explain. The context was that Hell (I used "heck" for fear that some would be offended by the word itself) surely exists and likewise, if we continue to be wilfully joined to the yoke of bondage of sin we risk a one way ticket there.

That is all. I will avoid the phrase going forward. Peace be upon you.

• Members

When it comes to referring to where the lost will end up if they continue to reject Christ we should be very clear that they will indeed find themselves in Hell.

"Heck" isn't a nicer way to say Hell in a biblical manner. That word was made up so one could use the word Hell as a cuss word/expletive without actually saying Hell.

Used biblically, there is nothing wrong with pointing out that Hell is a real place with real dire consequences for those who find themselves there. We need no subsitutes words to replace the proper use of the biblical word Hell.

Speaking the Bible plainly and boldly is always the best route to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That's why we have I John 1:9 which says, "If we confess our sins, then He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Sin will separate you from God in fellowship but not in loss of your salvation.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
What if someone gets saved but then commits a sin later in life?

Then he just have to pray to God and repent on his/her sins ........ it is why Jesus suffered and died on the cross of calvary

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

They'll still be saved. Every person who has ever been saved at one point in there life has more than likely gone on to sin again. Consider this Bible verse:

2Ti 2:13 KJV If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Now to lose faith would definitely be a sin but yet Jesus "abideth faithful" as the Bible puts it. What does this mean to you? To me, it means that we cannot lose our salvation. Consider also the following verses:

Joh 6:37 KJV All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Joh 6:40 KJV And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 10:28 KJV And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Rom 8:38 KJV For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 KJV Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What do these verses tell you? They tell me that it is impossible to lose one's salvation.

• 1 month later...