• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Still Standing: The Stonewall Jackson Story

• Members

[quote="LAF"][quote="John81"]A better and more accurate history of this, as well as of all America and American Baptist history, is the book, "What Hath God Wrought" by Dr. Grady.[/quote]

I know of the book ,and I know a bit about the author .I was at Hyles-Anderson when he was there .I also had a roomate who was from his former church in Idaho .I would rather believe a book written by a man who lived during this time ,than one who didn't .[/quote]

Dr. Grady went straight to source documents. The book is factual on the historical aspects, not opinion.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Good morning gentlemen. I am one of the executive producers of the documentary, [i]Still Standing - The Stonewall Jackson Story[/i] and would be happy to answer any questions about the film. The film is based largely on my book, [i]Stonewall Jackson - The Black Man's Friend[/i]. I would suggest, however, that critics withhold judgment until they at least view the film and/or read the book.

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. " Proverbs 18:13

Stand fast,
RGW

• Members

[quote="LAF"]I found the book I mentioned online.
http://www.biblebelievers.com/chiniquy/index.html

Espically chapter 59 and after

It is a real eye opener and not taught in an History Book.

It tells who was behind the Civil War[/quote]
That book should be[color=#FF0000][i][b] REQUIRED READING[/b][/i][/color] in every Christian college. It's way too much to ask that it be read in public schools and colleges. At the very least we can expect that Christians be taught the TRUTH.

• Members

[quote="LAF"][quote="John81"]A better and more accurate history of this, as well as of all America and American Baptist history, is the book, "What Hath God Wrought" by Dr. Grady.[/quote]

I know of the book ,and I know a bit about the author .I was at Hyles-Anderson when he was there .I also had a roomate who was from his former church in Idaho .I would rather believe a book written by a man who lived during this time ,than one who didn't .[/quote]
A most hearty :amen: there, LAF :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and I say INFINITELY better to believe an accurate, eye-witness account than any other book or "spin" on the truth.

• Members

When I read about the Civil War it saddens me. I can't find either side to being right. It was a dark period. I guess it was needed. I wish all this north and south stuff would stop. It is in the past and we should always learn from our mistakes. That being said I do believe that godly men were put into very bad positions on both sides. I just can't see being righteous blowing up fellow christians. I am glad this is in the past and hope this never happens again.

• Members

[quote="tired"]When I read about the Civil War it saddens me. I can't find either side to being right. It was a dark period. I guess it was needed. I wish all this north and south stuff would stop. It is in the past and we should always learn from our mistakes. That being said I do believe that godly men were put into very bad positions on both sides. I just can't see being righteous blowing up fellow christians. I am glad this is in the past and hope this never happens again.[/quote]

:amen:

Still, though, we need to know the Truth. :smile ...and the Truth is that the RCC was behind the war, and had a hidden agenda for it. It's the same agenda they have always had. Very simply, it is world dominance. They do it by creating chaos, and the Civil war in this country was very chaotic. Brother against brother, friend against friend. What an incredible horror show. :eek

• Members

[quote="stonewall"]Good morning gentlemen. I am one of the executive producers of the documentary, [i]Still Standing - The Stonewall Jackson Story[/i] and would be happy to answer any questions about the film. The film is based largely on my book, [i]Stonewall Jackson - The Black Man's Friend[/i]. I would suggest, however, that critics withhold judgment until they at least view the film and/or read the book.

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. " Proverbs 18:13

Stand fast,
RGW[/quote]

:amen: And thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

The first station I worked for was a country station and they used to host a lot of the Opry stars when they would come through town.

I got to meet Stonewall Jackson back in '80 or '81. He was a very nice man and a terrific singer.

"Waterlooooooo Waterloooooo, where will you meet your Waterlooooooo"

That's good stuff.

• Members
The first station I worked for was a country station and they used to host a lot of the Opry stars when they would come through town.

I got to meet Stonewall Jackson back in '80 or '81. He was a very nice man and a terrific singer.

"Waterlooooooo Waterloooooo, where will you meet your Waterlooooooo"

That's good stuff.

[tube]yuc4HtT13c0[/tube]