• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wanting a closer Relationship with Him

• Members

I am going to just pour my heart out and just say what is on my heart. This post might be a little long...

Yesterday and Today I went a youth meeting and God tremendously blessed the meeting and the Holy Spirit showed up! His presence is so real, and His love is like no other. Today my pastor was the last one preaching today, and He was talking on being a clean vessel and empty vessel for Christ, and Let Him have you fully!
As he preached tears flowed down my face, as I just want to be used by Him and for His glory! I want to be that clean vessel. One of my deepest desires is to be into full time ministry and for God to send me that right young man, and just serve God together. More importantly, as I was crying today, my heart longs to have a closer relationship with Him! He is my first love and will forever be. I want to serve Him with all of my heart, and be that vessel willing to serve and go anywhere for Him. I want to be a vessel that is willing to go to another country and share God's word! More importantly I want what His will is for my life.

My former pastor's wife passed away last year. Her name was Sis. Colleen Rogers and she was a great influence and a great role model in my life. She was a prayer warrior, a spiritual woman, A lady of faith. I want to be just like her. She taught me and showed me so many things, and if oh if I could have just a little of what she had. She was a vessel who served God!

I don't know exactly where I am going with all of this, but there are so many things I can say. I have been praying that God would send that right man along, and then I pray and cry and in my heart, I want a closer relationship with God more than I do a mate. He is my first love! I want to become closer to Him. I look at my own life, and realize that I need to become closer to Christ. I want to spend more time in the secret place, and more time reading and studying my Bible, I want to soak everything that God has shown and given me in. When God does send me that right man along, I want to be that one that will encourage him, and be his helpmeet, and get up in the morning and spend time with God in prayer, but for right now, I want a more relationship with Christ! And I am still praying and it is still in my heart to have a desire to get married but more importatly I want His will, He is my first love, and I don't want to loose insight of that.

So I guess what I am trying to say is I pray that God will make me the vessel he wants me to be. I have my Saviour who gives me strength to go through the day. He gives me His love and His guiding hand day after day, and I want a more relationship with Him, He saved me on Jan. 2, 2007 and He is the master of my life!

Love in Christ, Sadie. Phil.4:13

• Members

Praise God for the work of the Holy Spirit in your life! Yield to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, spend as much time as you can in prayer and Bible reading/study. The Lord is faithful, if we draw close to Him, He will help us grow and learn. The more we submit to the Lordship of Christ in our lives, the more our old nature is cast down and our new man in Christ built up.

Drawing closer to the Lord, submitting to His will is the first step in preparing yourself to be ready for the man the Lord has planned for you.

We know if we truly seek His kingdom first, He will add the other things in our lives according to His perfect will.

I'll pray for you :pray

• Members

Hi Sadie! Nice to read that piece of work there. I would like to say first of all, something like what John said, and he obviously is much wiser than I, that if we put God first in all things, He will certainly give us that which we [b]need[/b] (I would like to particularly emphasise that point).

Having a desire to get married is not sinful. On the other hand, this can be just one of the [i]many things[/i] that can completely consume our thinking, and can get us away from the One that our thoughts should be focusing on. I don't know one honest person that is completely focused on Christ all the time! We all seem to have trouble with [i]something[/i], and it doesn't necessarily have to be sinful. Praise God for His mercy!

Things seemed almost [i]completely out of hand[/i] for me when I was younger. (Not true.) God kept me away from all the [i]bad girls[/i] that this world seem to have a lot of. A few years rolled on, and then I finally decided that I wanted to love Christ more and serve Him with my whole heart. Of course, the "[i]whole heart[/i]" bit has been a problem ever since! The point is that after the decision (not promise) was made, I had to have [u]time[/u] to go out and serve. Without going into "what would have happened [i]if[/i]..." [i]I can say that the trip has been a blessing for me![/i] It took [b]time[/b] for me to learn many things that God had in store for me.

God does many wonderful things, but I believe with all my heart that He is active and that He seeks followers. The followers have needs--He must supply them!

[i]Matthew 6[/i]

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Trusting in God is the key, but even if we are not perfect in our actions and behaviour, He still does some pretty wonderful things for us anyway.

What a wonderful God we serve! :smile

• Members

Here in Perth we just finished a week of fellowship meetings, and the theme Verse was Philippians 3:10 That I may know Him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; and the hosting Pastor asked all the speakers to Preach on that theme, from the Psalms.

So I know where you are coming from.

Some great messages and the focus seemed to be on worrying less about what we do, and concentrating more on our relationship with Him - getting to know God more deeply and letting that guide us into what He wants us to do, rather than doing lots of stuff and hoping He will bless our efforts. :ooops

It is good to see the Lord working. :smile

• Members

Thank yall for all of yalls advice on here! I greatly appreciate each and every response! I am so thankful that God is showing me things in my life! I thank yall for all the comments. Yall are all such a blessing and an encouragement to my heart! I pray that God will bless yall!

[quote="DaveW"]Here in Perth we just finished a week of fellowship meetings, and the theme Verse was Philippians 3:10 That I may know Him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; and the hosting Pastor asked all the speakers to Preach on that theme, from the Psalms.

Some great messages and the focus seemed to be on worrying less about what we do, and concentrating more on our relationship with Him - getting to know God more deeply and letting that guide us into what He wants us to do, rather than doing lots of stuff and hoping He will bless our efforts.

It is good to see the Lord working.
Here in Perth we just finished a week of fellowship meetings, and the theme Verse was Philippians 3:10 That I may know Him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; and the hosting Pastor asked all the speakers to Preach on that theme, from the Psalms.

Some great messages and the focus seemed to be on worrying less about what we do, and concentrating more on our relationship with Him - getting to know God more deeply and letting that guide us into what He wants us to do, rather than doing lots of stuff and hoping He will bless our efforts. :ooops

It is good to see the Lord working. :smile[/quote]

The meeting sounds really good!!! I know many times in my own life I become busy and I find myself taking things for granite, and I just want to live everyday as if it were my last day. Give Him my last breath. I want to spend more time focusing on growing spiritually in my own life, and just spending more and more time with God! God has given me so many oppurtunities to go places and diff. youth meetings, and I thank Him for that, and I believe that He is preparing me for what He has ahead, and just to see what He has already done amazes me more and more each day. He saved my sinful wicked soul from hell, and He deserves all the Glory and praise! My life would be in shambles if it were not for the grace and the life He gave at Calvary! He is our Lord!

[quote="John81"]Praise God for the work of the Holy Spirit in your life! Yield to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, spend as much time as you can in prayer and Bible reading/study. The Lord is faithful, if we draw close to Him, He will help us grow and learn. The more we submit to the Lordship of Christ in our lives, the more our old nature is cast down and our new man in Christ built up.

Drawing closer to the Lord, submitting to His will is the first step in preparing yourself to be ready for the man the Lord has planned for you.

We know if we truly seek His kingdom first, He will add the other things in our lives according to His perfect will.

I'll pray for you[/quote]

Thank you for your words of wisdom! They were a blessing and such an encouragement to my heart! Thank you for praying as well! When the Lord does send me someone in His timing, I want to be prepared, and that is what He is doing, so my main focus in on Christ our King! And then in His will, His way, the road lies ahead, and I am taking it one step at a time holding His hand!

[quote="Timothy"]God does many wonderful things, but I believe with all my heart that He is active and that He seeks followers. The followers have needs--He must supply them!

Matthew 6

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Trusting in God is the key, but even if we are not perfect in our actions and behaviour, He still does some pretty wonderful things for us anyway.

What a wonderful God we serve!
Hi Sadie! Nice to read that piece of work there. I would like to say first of all, something like what John said, and he obviously is much wiser than I, that if we put God first in all things, He will certainly give us that which we [b]need[/b] (I would like to particularly emphasise that point).

Having a desire to get married is not sinful. On the other hand, this can be just one of the [i]many things[/i] that can completely consume our thinking, and can get us away from the One that our thoughts should be focusing on. I don't know one honest person that is completely focused on Christ all the time! We all seem to have trouble with [i]something[/i], and it doesn't necessarily have to be sinful. Praise God for His mercy!

Things seemed almost [i]completely out of hand[/i] for me when I was younger. (Not true.) God kept me away from all the [i]bad girls[/i] that this world seem to have a lot of. A few years rolled on, and then I finally decided that I wanted to love Christ more and serve Him with my whole heart. Of course, the "[i]whole heart[/i]" bit has been a problem ever since! The point is that after the decision (not promise) was made, I had to have [u]time[/u] to go out and serve. Without going into "what would have happened [i]if[/i]..." [i]I can say that the trip has been a blessing for me![/i] It took [b]time[/b] for me to learn many things that God had in store for me.

God does many wonderful things, but I believe with all my heart that He is active and that He seeks followers. The followers have needs--He must supply them!

[i]Matthew 6[/i]

What a wonderful God we serve! :smile[/quote]

Thank you, such a blessing out of God's word!! Trusting and having faith is the key. I have said this before, but I will say it again. Many times I in my own life pray and pray, and for a while I'll trust God, and then I begin to worry, and to so to speak take back my faith. We serve a faithful God!!!! He has a far better plan than I could ever imagine. My faith relies in Him. Yes, He is wonderful all the time!!!! He is wonderful every second of the day!! I thank Him for His mercy and His tender Grace that He bestows upon us!! I don't deserve any of it, and He has love for me like no other, and all from His saving grace, I have a home in Heaven! He is faithful!!

God Bless all of yall!!

• 2 months later...
  • Members
I am going to just pour my heart out and just say what is on my heart. This post might be a little long...

Yesterday and Today I went a youth meeting and God tremendously blessed the meeting and the Holy Spirit showed up! His presence is so real, and His love is like no other. Today my pastor was the last one preaching today, and He was talking on being a clean vessel and empty vessel for Christ, and Let Him have you fully!
As he preached tears flowed down my face, as I just want to be used by Him and for His glory! I want to be that clean vessel. One of my deepest desires is to be into full time ministry and for God to send me that right young man, and just serve God together. More importantly, as I was crying today, my heart longs to have a closer relationship with Him! He is my first love and will forever be. I want to serve Him with all of my heart, and be that vessel willing to serve and go anywhere for Him. I want to be a vessel that is willing to go to another country and share God's word! More importantly I want what His will is for my life.

My former pastor's wife passed away last year. Her name was Sis. Colleen Rogers and she was a great influence and a great role model in my life. She was a prayer warrior, a spiritual woman, A lady of faith. I want to be just like her. She taught me and showed me so many things, and if oh if I could have just a little of what she had. She was a vessel who served God!

I don't know exactly where I am going with all of this, but there are so many things I can say. I have been praying that God would send that right man along, and then I pray and cry and in my heart, I want a closer relationship with God more than I do a mate. He is my first love! I want to become closer to Him. I look at my own life, and realize that I need to become closer to Christ. I want to spend more time in the secret place, and more time reading and studying my Bible, I want to soak everything that God has shown and given me in. When God does send me that right man along, I want to be that one that will encourage him, and be his helpmeet, and get up in the morning and spend time with God in prayer, but for right now, I want a more relationship with Christ! And I am still praying and it is still in my heart to have a desire to get married but more importatly I want His will, He is my first love, and I don't want to loose insight of that.

So I guess what I am trying to say is I pray that God will make me the vessel he wants me to be. I have my Saviour who gives me strength to go through the day. He gives me His love and His guiding hand day after day, and I want a more relationship with Him, He saved me on Jan. 2, 2007 and He is the master of my life!

Sadie

After reading some of your posts I see we have a lot in common and I agree with Christ being my first love and just trust him with everything you have been showing me what I need to see and what I need to give up. Reading through your posts has really been helping me and I just want to say thanks God gave you the words to say so I am thanking him for it but I feel I need to thank you too.everything you have said in this post I would say applies to me too. Thanks again.