• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Testimony

• Members

I was raised in a Catholic home. I even went to Catholic High School. No one in my family really seemed to care much about going to church. I always wanted to go and even told my parents at one point I wanted to be a nun! Well at the age of 16 I became completely rebellious and after something pretty bad happend to me I ran away from home. I joined a carnival and that is where I met my ex husband. He also had run away from home. We ended up marrying at the age of 18 and had a son. He was very abusive and drank a lot and ended up leaving me and our son for another woman. He divorced me to marry her because she was pregnant. I was devastated and ended up in another horrible situation with someone who was even more abusive that drank and did drugs which I fell into also. After I escaped that I met my daughter's father. We were engaged and I became pregnant . While I was expecting he began to be abusive verbally and had physically threatened me. I ended the relationship as I was fearful. At this point I had begun asking God for help as I had no idea how I was going to raise 2 children by myself and had never thought my life would turn out the way it had. I didn't want to be involved with abusive men ,alcohol or drugs. I knew I needed help.
My son was invited to go to church by the boy next door and he started going to church on the bus with him nearly every Sunday. One day he came home and told me that he was saved and going to Heaven. I had no idea what he was talking about and just said that's nice honey. My son began asking me to go to church with him. My daughter had been born and was about 2 months old and I told him there was no way I was riding "that bus" to go to church. We didn't have a car and I said the only way I would go was if we had a car. Well 2 weeks later I had a car (well more like a boat) ...a 1982 Cutlass Supreme! My son reminded me of what I had said. So we went to church. I filled out a visitor card and that Thursday my Pastor's wife came to my door. I invited her in and she asked me if I knew I was going to Heaven. After answering no and thinking why would God want me there she showed from the Bible how I could go to Heaven by trusting Jesus and accepting Him as my Saviour. I asked Jesus to take me to Heaven and felt a peace like I have never known. Not only has He saved me from Hell but He has sweetly changed my life. I am loved and accepted by Him!
By the way my daughter and I now have been serving in the bus ministry for the past 5 years and we ride "that bus" every Sunday!

In Christ