• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

If Christians won't be around when these events occur, why do so many Christians spend so much time on this?

John81,
We are looking for the signs of the day of the Lord because the calling up of the church comes first and we can hardly wait!
Also 2 Peter 3:12-13 tells us to be looking for the day of the Lord with anticipation because we have the promise of a new heaven and earth wherein dwelleth righteousness. So be diligent in your walk for Jesus.

• Members

John81,
We are looking for the signs of the day of the Lord because the calling up of the church comes first and we can hardly wait!
Also 2 Peter 3:12-13 tells us to be looking for the day of the Lord with anticipation because we have the promise of a new heaven and earth wherein dwelleth righteousness. So be diligent in your walk for Jesus.

Are we not to live for Christ as if each day could be our last?

• Members

Rick, you add to scripture. It syas "to Messiah the Prince." not to his death.

The prince who is to come was not the subject of the verse, or even the sentence. Anderson and others make him to be the subject of many books. It is not the prince, but his people who are subject of the sentence. This people were the troops of Titus who destroyed the temple against his orders.

The 69 weeks ran outr when John said John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. And 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. It cannot be much clearer than that. But just to make it clearer, God said: Matt 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Just to make it absolutely clear, Jesus said Mark 1:14 ¶ Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,15 And saying, The time is fulfilled..... What time could have been fulfilled but the end of the 69 weeks and the revealing of Messiah?

You keep calling me a preterist and I am not, neither am I an a-millenialist. Preterism and futurism, of all types, come from the same pit - Rome.

Dan 9 is a prophecy of the Messiah, not the Antichrist who is nowhere mentioned. The 6 items which the 70 weeks were determined to accomplish were all fulfilled in the work of the Lord and the continuing work of the apostles in their initial ministry to the Jews till the opening of the Gospel to the gentiles.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Daniel 9 does not mention signing a covenant, but confirming an already existing covenant which was done by Christ. Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

• Members

If Christians won't be around when these events occur, why do so many Christians spend so much time on this?

Here's a few off the top of my head:

1. It’s interesting. From a strictly intellectual perspective - God's eternal plan is amazing. I'd rather talk about that than what the Republicans are doing, that’s for sure.

2. The whole theme of the Bible is the King and His Kingdom. When one has a basic grasp of Bible prophecy and God's plan for the ages, books like Isaiah, Malachi, and Joel that might appear dusty and irrelevant today suddenly become infused with life.

3. It’s important to God. There's nothing more important to God the Father than His Son, and there's nothing more important to Him than the day in which Christ's enemies are placed under His foot and He rules and reigns from Jerusalem. There are more verses on the Second Coming than there is the First Coming.

4. God's integrity is at stake. God made literal physical promises to Abraham. If He's not going to keep His Old Testament earthly promises to Abraham, why should we believe He'll keep his New Testament spiritual promises to us?

I can tell that if I go any further it will just turn into a rant against non-PreMillennialism, and I don't think that's what you were looking for when you asked. :-)

• Members

Dan 9 is a prophecy of the Messiah, not the Antichrist who is nowhere mentioned. The 6 items which the 70 weeks were determined to accomplish were all fulfilled in the work of the Lord and the continuing work of the apostles in their initial ministry to the Jews till the opening of the Gospel to the gentiles.

If all seventy week have been fufilled, then that would mean the promises in this verse have been fufilled too.

Dan. 9:24, "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

It makes a lot more sense that the reason why the text specifically separates the 70th week from all the other weeks is that for all 70 weeks to be fulfilled Israel must accept her Messiah. You can accept that, or you can stretch and twist and pull and prod and squeeze and shove all the rest of Bible prophecy, including the land grant made to Abraham by God, into something that it wasn't ever intended to be.

• Members

Here's a few off the top of my head:

1. It’s interesting. From a strictly intellectual perspective - God's eternal plan is amazing. I'd rather talk about that than what the Republicans are doing, that’s for sure.

2. The whole theme of the Bible is the King and His Kingdom. When one has a basic grasp of Bible prophecy and God's plan for the ages, books like Isaiah, Malachi, and Joel that might appear dusty and irrelevant today suddenly become infused with life.

3. It’s important to God. There's nothing more important to God the Father than His Son, and there's nothing more important to Him than the day in which Christ's enemies are placed under His foot and He rules and reigns from Jerusalem. There are more verses on the Second Coming than there is the First Coming.

4. God's integrity is at stake. God made literal physical promises to Abraham. If He's not going to keep His Old Testament earthly promises to Abraham, why should we believe He'll keep his New Testament spiritual promises to us?

I can tell that if I go any further it will just turn into a rant against non-PreMillennialism, and I don't think that's what you were looking for when you asked. :-)

No doubt there is a measure of importance to this, but what I was trying to address is those whose focus is virtually this alone. One of the main points of end times prophecy is to motivate Christians to pursue holiness themselves while spreading the Gospel and making disciples. For too many, they make the attempt to figure out every aspect of the prophecies their focus leaving the weightier matters neglected.

To be clear, I'm not saying we should never read of this, study this or talk of this. It's those who become overfocused upon such and the bad results that typically follow, that I was meaning to address.

• Members

John81,

Understanding Bible prophecy should help a person to feel the urgency of our time! Also 2 Peter 3:12-13 tells us to be looking for the day of the Lord with anticipation because we have the promise of a new heaven and earth wherein dwelleth righteousness. So be diligent in your walk for Jesus.

• Members

John81,

Understanding Bible prophecy should help a person to feel the urgency of our time! Also 2 Peter 3:12-13 tells us to be looking for the day of the Lord with anticipation because we have the promise of a new heaven and earth wherein dwelleth righteousness. So be diligent in your walk for Jesus.

I agree.

• Members

When Babylon defeated Tyre in 574 BC The people of Tyre went by ship to their mother Tribe or people of Tarshish. Isaiah 23:6-8
The encyclopedia indicated that the people of Tyre went to Carthage. Carthage was in north Africa and had colonies in in Spain, England and the Island of Roads. Carthage was defeated by Rome in the Punic Wars which ended in 146 BC and became part of the Roman Empire. In Ezekiel 38:13 the allies of Israel are the Merchants of Tarshish and it's young lions (colonies)and the tribes of Sheba and Dedan which populate the oil rich area of Arabia.

America is one of the young lions of Tarshish and will fight for Israel.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

invaders_map.jpg

On 12/22/2011 at 8:55 PM, Eric Stahl said:

In verse 43, Daniel describes how the Libyans and the Ethiopians enter the battle from behind the army of the Antichrist when the Antichrist moves from Egypt to set up base camp in Israel. The Antichrist will move after he hears rumors from the north and the east that indicates the Russian alliance (described in Ezekiel 38:1–12) is coming. Ezekiel 38:1–23, Ezekiel 39:1–8, and Jeremiah 25:14–38 provide additional details of the war occurring during the time of the red horse of the apocalypse.

Eric do you think the map correctly details the locations? 

• Members
On 8/17/2016 at 5:37 AM, MountainChristian said:

invaders_map.jpg

Eric do you think the map correctly details the locations? 

I believe Persia also contained Afghanistan and Pakistan. The tribe of Meshech is in the area of Moscow and The tribe of Tubal is in the area of Tubalisc, the Eastern capital of Russia. I believe the land of Magog contains Rosh, Meshech and tubal.