• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Internet Goes Offline Whenever It Rains

• Members

Our internet service goes out whenever it rains. Every single time. I'll call the company, they will send someone out; it is never on our end but rather something they need to fix in the line or at the box on the street.

However, they say it isn't because of the rain, just "something that needs fixed".

Anyone have any ideas?

This happened a few days ago and the service was our for 3 days because it rained for 3 days straight. :Bleh

• Members

We have DSL and it will sometimes go off rain or no rain .What they told me to do was turn off the box and (also our wireless unit )Then it resets itself usually 9 times out of 10 .Othertimes its a server somewhere else.

• Members

If your phone line seem to work ok,

then I don't think it is the phone line...

I think it is something to do with DSL outside of your home.

Does company that provide DSL get rain the same time you do?

if so, it could be them. If not, it could be the box providing the DSL outside your house.

btw, we have a radio tower in our area, and sometimes it interfer our radio station and cable tv. We had to install a special filter for our cable (and I think our phone line too because we were getting noise) because of the tower.

• Members
I guess it just bugs me that this happens every time it rains but they won't listen. They say it has nothing to do with the rain.

What I am wanting to know is, is there a scientific reason for DSL to go out every time it rains?

Can water get inside those connection boxes down the street?

I did a search and yes the rain can get into the boxes .At least thats what I got from my search They need to fix the box by covering it so the rain doesn't get in.