• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Superstitions

Guest Guest

[quote="Seth Doty"]Superstition is directly from paganism, pure and simple. People might not always think of it that way, but that is what it is. Scripture directs us not to be superstitious, and I am not.[/quote]

:amen: :goodpost:

Hey, Seth just remember not to meet your future wife on the 13th floor of an elevator, under a ladder, or nearby a black cat. :lol :roll Your marriage will be cursed. :lol Sorry, I couldn't resist. :thumb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

I think I can handle that. :Bleh I don't have any plans to meet a "future wife" at all, I don't go up much in tall buildings, I don't like cats, and I try not to stand under ladders period. :lol:

Guest Guest
I think I can handle that. :Bleh I don't have any plans to meet a "future wife" at all' date=' I don't go up much in tall buildings, I don't like cats, and I try not to stand under ladders period. :lol:[/quote']

God will send her when He feels it is the right time. BTW, I met my hubby at our old IFB church. Yep---right inside the church. I was at the top of the stairs in July of 1999---dropping my son, and the neighbor kids off for VBS. Joe was walking up the stairs, and our eyes locked. :thumb My mom told me I would meet my hubby in church or in the library. She didn't think it was going to be the IFB church, though. :lol Now, that isn't "silly superstition" that is the Holy Spirit. :amen:

Guest Guest
God will send her when He feels it is the right time.

Well.... Maybe... I suppose that is a possibility... but... I certainly am in no hurry. I am rather severely anti-social in person, It is tough to get more than a half dozen words out of me. The only reason I talk on the internet is due to the fact I don't know anyone here. I enjoy a degree of solitude, I don't know that I could appropriately deal with someone 24/7. I really don't feel like I am missing a rib. :Bleh

Guest Guest

That is certainly fine. Many men and women of God are perfectly happy being by themselves--and, with the Lord. I don't know if you have a calling---but, I know several single men who are Evangelists. Then, again---you would have to be social. You could just be one of those "behind the scenes" kind of men, though. JMO. Of course, your probably content with your life the way it is. I will stop now. :lol

Guest Guest

LOL. That's why I'll never forget when we first met, Jerry. :lol

Actually, my son (who was 8 at the time) introduced me to my hubby, and my MIL was the "matchmaker" as well. :thumb This was all going on prior to my knowledge. LOL. My son would go over to my hubby's parents' house to play with his younger brothers and sisters, and my MIL had already been witnessing to me for awhile. I wanted to know everything about the Lord and His word. BTW, I was already hanging around with Christians and reading the NIV (I thought I was saved in March of 1998.) Thank the Lord my MIL had the KJVO and witnessed to me from His Holy word. :amen:

• Members

3 months ago or so a black cat walked across my path here at the apartment complex. I remember thinking about hte old superstition, but I don't believe in that stuff so I wasn't worried. A little while later we found out we were pregnant, so...lol instead of bad luck following it I got good news. Not that anything was a result of that cat, but it just proves that all good things come from the Lord and any bad thing that happens He has to allow it before it can happen to you.

• Administrators
3 months ago or so a black cat walked across my path here at the apartment complex. I remember thinking about hte old superstition' date=' but I don't believe in that stuff so I wasn't worried. A little while later we found out we were pregnant, so...lol instead of bad luck following it I got good news. Not that anything was a result of that cat, but it just proves that all good things come from the Lord and any bad thing that happens He has to allow it before it can happen to you.[/quote']

I had a black cat cross my path too...just before we left to go to our son's Basic graduation. She is the prettiest thing. She loves being held. We considered keeping her, but a neighbor has her instead.

• Members

For that is what I think it is, its stupid to have such superstitions, what ever it might be. A pair of dirty socks is not going to influence the outcome of a baseball game.

And why would a child of God ever think like that?

Have you ever thought about how insulting it is to Jesus for you to be superstitious?

Why are you always on my case? I'm glad you think I'm stupid. It's not like I really truly believe that eating sunflower seeds while pitching will guarantee a good outing. Or waving my bat a certain way will help me hit. Or wearing my hat slightly crooked will give me more of a break on my curveball. It's just a game. This is one thing that makes baseball what it is.

Leave me alone, Jerry. I don't want you to have to humble yourself too much to talk to me with the least bit of respect.

Guest Guest
Oops' date=' I meant to say "meany", but it looks like you understood my joking around.[/quote']

I understood, Jerry. :lol My son does call me "mean" sometimes, but not for ever dropping him. :lol

Guest Guest
A little while later we found out we were pregnant' date=' so...lol instead of bad luck following it I got good news. Not that anything was a result of that cat, but it just proves that all good things come from the Lord and any bad thing that happens He has to allow it before it can happen to you.[/quote']

:amen::clap: A child is the best thing that the Lord can give a married couple. :smile

Guest Guest
I had a black cat cross my path too...just before we left to go to our son's Basic graduation. She is the prettiest thing. She loves being held. We considered keeping her' date=' but a neighbor has her instead.[/quote']

My in-laws have a beautiful black cat that they have had for years. He is very affectionate. :smile He even gets along with our Pomeranian (dog)---he thinks he is a cat. :lol

• Members

<<"If I'm unhappy with my pitching, I'll blame the seeds and stop eating them. I never bat with seeds, either. That's just one of my many little quirks when I play ball. Every player has several.">>

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20175&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=24#p376134

Your words brother, such stuff is not of God. There is much godly wisdom placed under this topic, it would do you good to take heed of it.

Sorry to make you so mad, I do apologize for that, but I hoped to help you and hoped you would see how ungodly it is to hold to such stuff. After all, it was you who said, "That's just one of my many little quirks when I play ball."

And please show me where I'm always calling people stupid, please point out each post I have done this being as you seem to know so much about it.