• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chess

atlas

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Are girls allowed to like chess? :ideas:

I enjoy it but am not extremely good at it. No time to sit down and do it online either...but thought I'd stick my head in here and say girls can play logic games too. :lol:

• Members

Scrabble is the only game my husband will play with me because its the only game he wins every time. haha. And its not fair either because I spell tons better than him...but he just gets better letters/knows how to use them.

So we don't play games much. haha. I taught him how to play Pente and he couldn't win for anything so we don't play it anymore.

• Members
Are girls allowed to like chess? :ideas:

I enjoy it but am not extremely good at it. No time to sit down and do it online either...but thought I'd stick my head in here and say girls can play logic games too. :lol:

No, you're not allowed. Stick to baking your pretty little cakes and leave the "men stuff" to the men. (j/k) :frog

• Administrators

I don't play chess, but my son does. Last year for Christmas we got him the game Chaturanga, which is the precursor of chess. It originated in India, and you have 2-4 people who play - 4 sets of "men" each in a different color. If only two play, each player controls 2 teams. It sounds kinda complicated, but really it, to me, is more fun than chess. But then, I'm more into Scrabble and Scattergories type games.

• Members

We had a highschool teacher that would start a chess game at recess with some student and since it always takes awhile to play chess, many times we just had a studyhall that period. :lol: We all loved not having class. Funny thing is we always finished the books in his class too! Never did like chess myself.

• Members

My physics teacher in 11th and 12th grade would do that too. If he didn't feel like teaching, or something was going on in school during the day, he'd play me in chess (or Scrabble once in a while). I was never any good, but I did beat him once. It took like an hour and a half almost, so I missed most of my next class. My other teacher wasn't too excited.

• 1 month later...