• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is everyone's name, originally in the Book of Life?

Guest Clive

I heard this concept that we are all written in The Lambs Book of Life at birth, and removed at death if we do not put our trust in Christs sacrifice and resurrection, quite recently. It is interesting that this idea solves the issue of an individuals name being removed by Christ; And certainly cements the doctrine of eternal security.

• Members
5 hours ago, Guest Clive said:

I heard this concept

LIke most concepts put that way,   I don't see that that concept you mention is verifiable without contradicting some of Scripture - i.e. All Scripture is Truth,  and if 

any concept violates or is contrary to any Scripture at all,  then it cannot be a correct concept, logically nor faithfully to God's Word and God's Purpose and God's Plan. 

So many many traditions were introduced in the first three centuries,  and/or repeated ,  and integrated into the world religion,  

it is very difficult to find a true-ism, a truth,  that is right,  that has no spot nor wrinkle, no error in it.    Simply and with daily thanksgiving and praise the Father is well able to reveal as He Pleases,  as is His Good Pleasure,  to reveal the truth,  and to hide it from religious leaders and scholars,   as Jesus Says Himself.

• Members
15 hours ago, Guest Clive said:

I heard this concept that we are all written in The Lambs Book of Life at birth, and removed at death if we do not put our trust in Christs sacrifice and resurrection, quite recently. It is interesting that this idea solves the issue of an individuals name being removed by Christ; And certainly cements the doctrine of eternal security.

This reminds me when visiting a funeral service that many times we will often hear someone say, he or she’s in a better place now. If this person never believed, or had faith, how can this person be in a better place, if he or she never had no hope? ?

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

This reminds me when visiting a funeral service that many times we will often hear someone say, he or she’s in a better place now. If this person never believed, or had faith, how can this person be in a better place, if he or she never had no hope? ?

You already know the answer to that question.