• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Father is greater than Son

• Members
I worship the One true God and Jesus Christ whom God has sent.

No, you don't. You worship a god that was born 6000 years ago - the Bible teaches Jesus Christ is eternal, and His body was born 2000 years ago.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote="Jerry"][quote="RandyW"]I worship the One true God and Jesus Christ whom God has sent.[/quote]

No, you don't. You worship a god that was born 6000 years ago - the Bible teaches Jesus Christ is eternal, and His body was born 2000 years ago.[/quote]

Yes, Jesus never dies. (eternal) Yes I do worship as I stated. How do you know Jesus was born 6000 years ago since He existed prior to creation?

Randy

• Members

[quote="Madeline"][quote="RandyW"][quote="Madeline"][quote="RandyW"][quote="Madeline"]Jesus gave up His human spirit in Luke 23:46 as I clearly pointed out. And thanks for acknowledging that you worship BOTH the Father and the Son. :smile

Love,
Madeline[/quote]

Glad I could please you in some manner. I would state Jesus gave up His Spirit.
Randy[/quote]

Cleary Jesus' spirit as man was trusted to His Father (for He was not abandon in Hades; cf. Acts 13:34-38), but His spirit as God is omnipresent, thus He was not referring to His divine spirit. First, Scripture does not teach that Jesus died spiritually as to His human spirit (not sure where you got that), for spirits do not cease to exist. Second, you ignore the fact that Jesus was God-man having two spirits, human and divine as Scripture indicates. Paul said: "Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." (1 Cor. 2:8). The phrase "The Lord of glory" was a term relegated to Yahweh (cf. Zech. 2:5) but yet Yahweh cannot be crucified; only a mortal man can die physically. But only that Jesus was fully Yahweh and fully man can Paul make such as statement. Same with Zech. 12:10: "I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced." This text is ascribe to Yahweh, but how is Yahweh pierced? Only that Jesus was Yahweh and man can Jesus as Yahweh say "they shall look upon me whom they have pierced." Jesus is Yahweh as the Holy Scripture clearly states. Hope this helps! :)

Love,
Madeline[/quote]

I thought I stated Jesus's human body was put to death [u]not His Spirit[/u]. I state again Jesus never dies. I don't know what you mean "God man having two spirits? " What is that? The scripture states a body was prepared for the one we now know was Jesus. It would be clear to me that Jesus who "was" occupied that body.

Randy

Randy[/quote]

A HUMAN conisists of what? is it soulless?

The body without the spirit is what?.....DEAD! Are you saying that the Father "prepared" a DEAD human body for Jesus??? What makes a person human or living? Was Jesus a living being whilst on earth? and if so....what spirit occupied the human body of Jesus? Stop running from my questions....what SPIRIT was committed to the Father in Luke 23:46?

1). Divine
2). Human
3). Angelic

Love,
Madeline[/quote]

No, you continue to make your statements with "are you saying" . I didn't state what you just posted. Perhaps we should end here.

Randy

• 1 month later...
  • Members

No, you continue to make your statements with "are you saying" . I didn't state what you just posted. Perhaps we should end here.

Randy

I don't understand the dead body part you imply.

All we have been given on the makeup of Jesus would be (1) Divine by the will of God the Father-The Jesus who was occupied the human body prepared for HIM, not the Sovereign Lord. Hense "Father into your hands I commit "MY SPIRIT" A GOD who always was and has no one to answer to doesn't become someones Son under authority of a Father. Jesus is the firstborn of every creature and Has been a Son before He became the Son.

Is Jesus God? yes, He is all that the Father is. No, He has always been the Son. The one true religion is the One true God and Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent.

1 cor 8:6
6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The Father created all things and all things were created at His command. "Of whom" How did the Father create all things? Through His Son. "By Whom"

Randy