• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Family Name - Selah!

• Members

I was just looking ahead at the scripture references in "Adoption" for the doctrines study and came across this. Many times in various illustrations and sermon points the verses from Prov. 22:1 and Eccl. 7:1 are invoked.
Proverbs 22:1 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

Evans makes a point here in his discussion of Salvation and the resulting Adoption. We, who have received Christ, have the family name. We are Christians, we are members of this family.
Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Revelation 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

I would like to find a scripture for upholding the family name. Can someone help or otherwise add relevant scriptures for our family's name?

• 6 months later...