• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Most Unique Soul-Winning Experiences

• Members

I've been blessed with quite a few, but if I had to relate one which took the top spot as most unique, it would be this one:

One day, in the mid-eighties sometime, I came home from work and went upstairs to see my wife. I hadn't even taken my coat off when the phone rang.

I picked it up and a male voice started talking dirty to me, but in a monotone voice, almost like it was ritual. I had always purposed that if I got an obscene caller of any kind, the best way to get rid of them was not a whistle, but the Gospel!

I proceeded to tell him how Jesus died for him...little by little the profane stopped, and it was replaced by queries into what I was saying. He listened intently for a good half hour as I relayed the truth of salvation to him. He then prayed and received Christ as his savior!

How do I know it was genuine, you ask? He could have hung up the phone at any time...

I only got his first name, but even though I invited him to my church, you know he couldn't come. How could he face the possibility of what he USED to do coming out sometime (and not by me!).

God can turn any situation into a soul-winning situation!

• Members

Great thread!

A couple of years ago,a local newspaper did a story about me and my ministry.I go to several local jails
to preach the gospel.One of the local police cheifs that I deal with,contacted the newspaper because he thought
that it was a good thing, and that he had seen how the prisoners that were saved had changed so much(all glory to God!!)
I was very apprehensive about doing it because I dont trust the media when it comes to telling the truth about the gospel.
The other reason the cheif thought it was a good story is that I have a dissabeling disease called Dysautonomia.

I reluctantly agreed to the interview because I looked at it as an oportuntity to spread the gospel.The day of the interview came and I met with the reporter.The reporter was very nice and cordial.I explained my ministry and what I preach,that men are sinners and that there is salvation for anyone who would repent and trust Jesus as the Saviour.The interview was printed in the next weeks news paper.To my dismay,the part about the gospel was left out.The article was a positive one,explaining that I preach in jails,but the very reason I did it was to proclaim the gospel and it was left out.I was very distraught and dissapointed.

The next day I went to the jail that started the story.Some people had called the station wanting to talk to that preacher who goes soul-winning in jails.The city workers passed along the phone numbers to me.That night I called a lady who had a son in another local jail.She aked me to go talk with him.I had plans for the next day,but I cancelled them,God was obviuosly at work.Her son was into some occultic things and he was mad at God because of the pain and death in the world.I talked to him a whlie,he was convicted of his sin and recieved Christ as his Saviour!My disappointment in the article was done away with.God was using the article for His purposes the whole time!What a mighty God we serve.
God taught me a lesson that day.The prison ministry can sometimes be difficlut.I have been spit at,cursed at,had my wife and child threatened among other things,it can be dishartening.Never the less,God taught me through this experiance that I should never give up in sharing the gospel.Even when things look dim,He is still working in hearts to save souls.I also learned that I should always trust in His Word and his love to convert even the vilest of sinners,for He saved me and I am sinner myself.If he can save me and change me,He can do it for anyone.

• Members

Johnny Mac:

Are you involved with the Rock of Ages Prison Ministry? We have a group of men who go to the local correctional institute and preach the Gospel. They have seen many saved (including those visiting the inmates)!

Note to all:

Please share your most unique soul-winnning experiences!

• Members
Johnny Mac:

Are you involved with the Rock of Ages Prison Ministry? We have a group of men who go to the local correctional institute and preach the Gospel. They have seen many saved (including those visiting the inmates)!

Note to all:

Please share your most unique soul-winnning experiences!

No,I go on behalf of my ministry and my local church.I have yet to preach at a sate prison though.I would like to know more about Rock Of Ages,any info on them?It sounds likea great ministry.

• Members

Here's another...

My soul-winning partner and I went to the city hospital, a few years back, to visit a 15 year old girl with brain cancer, at the request of one of our teenage girls who had broken her leg and and met her while in the hospital.

The door to her room was closed, so I told my partner we'd better go. He suggested we should at least ask the head nurse. We did, and she told us the door was closed because she and her family were watching a video.

We knocked, and her father answered the door. He came out and asked us what we wanted. We told him who we were and where we were from, and he said that he was a Christian too. I then bluntly asked him if his daughter was saved, and he said that she was. I then asked if we could say hello to her and he invited us in.

She had recently beaten stomach cancer, but now it was in her brain, her head was shaven, and her prognosis was not good. I talked to her a little bit, and then looked her right in the eyes and asked her if she died today, did she know where she'd spend eternity.

Without hesitating, she said, "No, I don't". I immediately turned and looked at her father....

I graciously gave her the Gospel of Christ, and she readily accepted Him as her Savior. When my partner and I got to the car, people must have thought we were headed for the psyche ward, because we were havin ourselves a fit! We praised the goodness of God over and over.

I believe a short while later she went into eternity.

1. Parents: Make sure your children are saved!
2. The Holy Spirit directs in awesome ways if we let Him.

• Members

Wow,great story!

Heres another one similar to yours..

I go to the local juvenile jail.There are 4 units with about 12 prisoners in each unit.Now I am able to speak to the whole unit with a sermon,but when I first started there I would go into a unit and adress myself and what I was(a preacher) and would invite anyone who would want to talk to meet me at a table in the back of the unit.Sometimes noone would come but on average it was usually 3-5 guys I would be able to speak with.

About two years ago,I went into a unit and four young men wanted to talk.I would talk with them about what part of town they were from,what school they attended,and asked them about their families.Then I would share the gospel with them.One this one particular visit one young man was saved.He was a very troubled 16 year old.He was expecting to be in jail for a while.Two days later the young man was released,he was very happy to begin his new lifein Christ.That night he went to a basketball game at his local high school.His girl freind got into an argument with another girl,and her boy friend mistakenly thought the young man from the juvenile jail was going after his girlfreind,according to witnesses.This guy had a gun,pulled it out and shot the young man who had been saved two days earlier.He died at the age of 16.

Almost every time I preach at that jail,I use that story to illustrate to these young men that their life could be over in a flash.I tell them that if he would have rejected Jesus two days before he was released,he would be in hell forever.But,I know that he received Jesus as his Lord and saviour,so he is now in heaven with Jesus forever more.

The Lord uses that young man's testimony to convict many young men that they are sinners and that they need to trust Jesus for their salvation.His death as tradgic and sensless as it was,is being used by the Lord to help others see the light.

• Members

I would have to say the most unique soulwinning expperience I had was at a carnival. While my daughter was in one of those things that the kids bounce around and jump in I got to talking to a teenage girl named Angel who was working the ride. I suspected that she may be a runaway and began sharing with her how I ran away from home as a teenager and worked at a carnival. She wouldn't admit that she had run away but did say things were very bad at home. I tried to encourage her to call her mom and talk and told her I knew how hard it is to feel all alone in this world. I told her how I felt that way for years until I met Jesus. I always carry my New Testament in my purse so I pulled it out and was able to share the Gospel with her right there. Fortunately there was no one waiting in line and the kids ,including my daughter got an extra long time in the bouncy house. After many questions and much scripture Angel bowed her head and sweetly asked Jesus to be her Saviour. While we had been talking I had told her how Jesus gives us a mansion in Heaven and that I was hoping for one with a big wrap around porch. As we said goodbye to each other I gave her a tract that had my church's information so she could contact me if she needed to. I told her that if I never saw her on this earth again that I'd see her in Heaven. As I walked away she said I'll look you up in Heaven...I'll look for the wrap around porch.
I think of her often and pray for her. I never would have thought the awful time I had as a runaway teenager would someday open the door for me to share the Gospel with someone.

• Members
The Lord uses that young man's testimony to convict many young men that they are sinners and that they need to trust Jesus for their salvation.His death as tradgic and sensless as it was,is being used by the Lord to help others see the light.

There are SO many stories like the one you shared! James 4:14 always rings loud and clear when I read them. Thanks for sharing, and you can introduce me to him when we get to heaven!

Words never rung out so clear as the these:

It is wonderful to be saved out of a life of sin...but it is even better to be saved from a life of sin.

• Members
I think of her often and pray for her. I never would have thought the awful time I had as a runaway teenager would someday open the door for me to share the Gospel with someone.

We have some in our church who have been able to help others with cancer, because they passed through the valley with it. God has a purpose for each one of us, and I thank God you followed the direction of the Holy Spirit with that young girl.

How special it is that God uses His children to show others the Way!

• Members

I have had at least four instances that I can recall, where I have given someone the Gospel, took the time to detail all of the essentials, and yet when it was time to pray, thy said they had to go, or they were late for something, or even having left something cooking on the stove!

In these cases, without being offensive in any manner, I said the following:

"Ma'am, I appreciate the 20-30 minutes you have given me, and I know God does, but in less than 30 seconds, and before you close that door, you can have your sins forgiven and know you have a home in heaven. Is it worth 30 more seconds?"

In 3 out of 4 cases, they said, "You're right", and they trusted Christ. (Then I had even more time to give assurance, invite, etc...)

The Bible says this:

Luk 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Sometimes we don't take the time to go the extra mile. Until that door is closed, make use of every opportunity. I realize the Holy Spirit can still convict after the door is closed, but we ARE the witnesses for somebody having a Divine Appointment!

• Members

I had a strange experience two summers ago doing fair ministry in Folsom, CA. I gave a young woman a tract and tried to start witnessing to her. She handed me a coconut, bowed her hands at me, and walked off. I was at least happy about the coconut, except later when I found out it was drained. :loco

• Members
I had a strange experience two summers ago doing fair ministry in Folsom' date=' CA. I gave a young woman a tract and tried to start witnessing to her. She handed me a coconut, bowed her hands at me, and walked off. I was at least happy about the coconut, except later when I found out it was drained. :loco[/quote']

:haha :nutty :haha :nutty :haha :nutty :haha :nutty

• Members

Here's another:

A couple years back, my soul-winning partner and I were going door to door in a nearby city, when I knocked on a door answered by a man. He listened intently, and truly was fruit hanging on the vine. Just after I gave him assurance of his salvation, a women (later found out was his live in girlfriend) came around the corner.

I started to ask her where she'd spend eternity when she said, "Don't bother, I heard the whole thing from the other room and prayed when he prayed!!"

Skip up to a few months ago, going door to door in our church town, when I came upon a Catholic grandmother and her grandson doing some outside chores. I witnessed Christ to her, and as she prayed to get saved, her grandson followed along as well ( I didn't think he was even listening!).

I love it when God shows His plans above our own!