• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Most Unique Soul-Winning Experiences

• Members

About five years ago, while attending a summer bible camp at Mt Salem Revival Grounds in West Virginia, our teeangers made a pact with God to go out soul-winning.

Every week since, with few exceptions due to scheduling conflicts, out teenage youth group has gone out door to door soul-winning every week. They have seen scores of people of all ages saved.

It is the fire that stirs the rest of the church. It is the foundation of a life of sharing the Gospel. It is the fruit that eternity is made of....

• Members

I just had an other really exciting soulwinning experience this past Thursday! I went to an area with a lot of apartment complexes and met a lady who was interested in hearing the Gospel. Her boyfriend on the other hand began laughing and mocking me and telling her to shut the door. Well she stepped outside and shut the door and he locked her out! It was very cold out but she stood there with me for close to an hour as I shared scripture with her. She ended up bowing her head and trusting Christ to save her! Her boyfriend did let her in before I left fortunately. As I walked away I thought...one door closed behind her while another opened!

• Members
I just had an other really exciting soulwinning experience this past Thursday! I went to an area with a lot of apartment complexes and met a lady who was interested in hearing the Gospel. Her boyfriend on the other hand began laughing and mocking me and telling her to shut the door. Well she stepped outside and shut the door and he locked her out! It was very cold out but she stood there with me for close to an hour as I shared scripture with her. She ended up bowing her head and trusting Christ to save her! Her boyfriend did let her in before I left fortunately. As I walked away I thought...one door closed behind her while another opened!

Praise God!

What a great analogy too! :thumb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This one hurt....

It was over fifteen years ago, and my partner and I were going door to door in a residential neighborhood. We knocked on the door of a Catholic lady who at first told us she wasn't interested.

My partner did not falter, he just continued on with presenting the Gospel. She listened intently and I believed was being pricked by the Holy Spirit.

Right about the time we were going to ask for a decision, her husband came from the other room. He asked who we were, and when we told him, he told us, "We're not interested." His wife replied, "I am!". He said, "No, you're not.", and shut the door in our faces.

Can you imagine being that man at the Great White Throne of Judgment, if they never get saved? He will be guilty of stopping his wife from receiving the Gospel!

• Members
This one hurt....

It was over fifteen years ago, and my partner and I were going door to door in a residential neighborhood. We knocked on the door of a Catholic lady who at first told us she wasn't interested.

My partner did not falter, he just continued on with presenting the Gospel. She listened intently and I believed was being pricked by the Holy Spirit.

Right about the time we were going to ask for a decision, her husband came from the other room. He asked who we were, and when we told him, he told us, "We're not interested." His wife replied, "I am!". He said, "No, you're not.", and shut the door in our faces.

Can you imagine being that man at the Great White Throne of Judgment, if they never get saved? He will be guilty of stopping his wife from receiving the Gospel!

That's very, very sad. :sad

I've thought along these lines regarding Mitt Romney's wife. She converted to Mormonism so she could marry Mitt. Mitt's dad converted her to Mormonism and Mitt was thrilled. :sad

• Members

Well, I hadn't seen anyone saved in a few weeks, especially since the area we're covering is nestled between two Catholic churches. I have been able to give out the Gospel in detail many times, but no one made a decision for Christ.

Today, I spoke to a man for about 45 minutes. Halfway thru, his wife came down to the front door and I found out she was a "born again Catholic", who attends faith fellowships. She gave me the actual date of her conversion. Her husband had been witnessed to before, and he sure seemed ready, but he would not get saved.

After we left the house, my partner saw the last name on the mailbox and realized that he had worked with him. He wanted to go back and talk to the guy, but I said we needed to go on and they would have to come back down stairs to answer the door. Well, the very next house a man invited us into his apartment after we introduced ourselves.

He was in every aspect, a "divine appointment", which we continually pray for. His wife called him into the kitchen while I was presenting the Gospel and asked him, "What are you doing?!" He calmed her and came back out (we were diligently praying!) and asked us to continue. He got gloriously saved! He is of Egyptian heritage. He said he could feel a difference within him.

I spoke to him about baptism, and he uttered this to us (what every soul-winner longs to hear), "Can I come to your church?"

:amen::amen::amen::amen: :amen:

• Members

I went with my wife today, between morning and evening church services, to see her father in a nursing home. He's had a couple strokes and has Aphasia (can't speak). He's sharing a room with a blind man (not condusive for great communication!). :bonk:

My wife reads scripture to her father, and as she was reading today from Psalm 70, the man (I thought was asleep) asked what she was reading. When she told him, he mumbled something like, "Can you read something with less lines." (He had no teeth.)

She quoted John 3:16 for him, and then asked him if he knew what that meant. He said yes, and then there was silence. I then turned to him and asked him if he thought he was a sinner. The conversation took off and I told him of the greatest gift ever given! He got saved and what's more, he had assurance of it! He has a sickness which I do not know, and he is 91 years old! He asked if we could write John 3:16 on a card so he could share it with his wife who visits him.

I can not find the words to explain how good God is, or how pure this "divine appointment" was. As I was driving home, I told my wife, "God must trust me to share His Gospel, because He orchestrated this so beautifully." That made me think of how many times I have let God down by not sharing the Gospel when the Holy Spirit told me to.

It's an awesome responsibility to be one of God's children. God help us to represent Him in the fashion that He deserves, and not in the laziness of our flesh.

Ninety-one years old! Glory to God in the highest!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just got back from going door to door, and I had the opportunity to witness Jesus to an elderly Catholic woman who listened intently and agreed with all, but couldn't break the domination that her church holds on her. She wouldn't get saved because of the Catholic cult, which I believe will one day be judged with the vilest of offenders for their role in sending hundreds of millions to hell. (But I digress...)

I got to also witness Christ to a 19 year old Catholic boy, wearing his crucifix! He also listened intently, but he truly believed, repented, and asked Jesus to forgive him and save him! Glory to God! Let's pray he comes to church tomorrow!

• Members
I just got back from going door to door, and I had the opportunity to witness Jesus to an elderly Catholic woman who listened intently and agreed with all, but couldn't break the domination that her church holds on her. She wouldn't get saved because of the Catholic cult, which I believe will one day be judged with the vilest of offenders for their role in sending hundreds of millions to hell. (But I digress...)

I got to also witness Christ to a 19 year old Catholic boy, wearing his crucifix! He also listened intently, but he truly believed, repented, and asked Jesus to forgive him and save him! Glory to God! Let's pray he comes to church tomorrow!

You planted the seed with the elderly woman now we can pray she will be open to the Holy Ghost guiding another to her to reap the harvest.

Praise God for the boy who was saved! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I went with my wife today, between morning and evening church services, to see her father in a nursing home. He's had a couple strokes and has Aphasia (can't speak). He's sharing a room with a blind man (not condusive for great communication!). :bonk:

My wife reads scripture to her father, and as she was reading today from Psalm 70, the man (I thought was asleep) asked what she was reading. When she told him, he mumbled something like, "Can you read something with less lines." (He had no teeth.)

She quoted John 3:16 for him, and then asked him if he knew what that meant. He said yes, and then there was silence. I then turned to him and asked him if he thought he was a sinner. The conversation took off and I told him of the greatest gift ever given! He got saved and what's more, he had assurance of it! He has a sickness which I do not know, and he is 91 years old! He asked if we could write John 3:16 on a card so he could share it with his wife who visits him.

I can not find the words to explain how good God is, or how pure this "divine appointment" was. As I was driving home, I told my wife, "God must trust me to share His Gospel, because He orchestrated this so beautifully." That made me think of how many times I have let God down by not sharing the Gospel when the Holy Spirit told me to.

It's an awesome responsibility to be one of God's children. God help us to represent Him in the fashion that He deserves, and not in the laziness of our flesh.

Ninety-one years old! Glory to God in the highest!

My wife went to see her father again today, and found out that the man written about above died last week. That means he received Jesus about three weeks before passing away!

I'd call that a divine appointment.

And Frank now has his sight back, and he sees his Savior!!!

If you can't shout about that, then your blesser's broken!

GLORY TO OUR GREAT GOD!

• Members

My wife went to see her father again today, and found out that the man written about above died last week. That means he received Jesus about three weeks before passing away!

I'd call that a divine appointment.

And Frank now has his sight back, and he sees his Savior!!!

If you can't shout about that, then your blesser's broken!

GLORY TO OUR GREAT GOD!

Praise God!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, it's been awhile since I posted. Been through another missions conference, seen God do unbelievable things, and my desire to see souls saved has been rekindled.

Went out with a missionary last week and was able to give the Gospel out and many tracts.

Today, I had not one, but two doors slammed in my face. The first asked me by what right I had to ask her where she would spend eternity if she died. I told her I cared for her soul, which put her off further. Then I asked her what she thought Jesus would do. I could have told her I am commanded to GO, but I doubt this "Baptist" (American, AKA liberal) would know what I meant. She then closed the door in my face.

A couple doors later Iasked another lady the same question. She said with God. I asked her how she knew that and she closed the door in my face!

Once again, if we think soul-winning has anything to do with us saving anybody, we will be discouraged, angry, and resentful...not to mention robbing God of His glory.

I continued on and the next door met a 21 year old Mexican man who was fruit hanging on the vine! Someone else had sowed this field before. I watered, and God gave the increase. He says he'll come to church tomorrow!

Here's the verese I am reminded of:

Psa 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

God give everyone of us a compassion for the lost. The time is short. He is coming again very soon...