• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I have a friend judging whether or not I am saved to begin with Does this person have that right? or is that only meant for God? My friend seems to think they do am I right to be frustrated about it? the last question I have is How can they know for sure unless they actually can see my heart and the only person that can do that is God. Am I right?

• Members

No one can truly judge your salvation except God. The thing that is open for anyone's judgment is our behavior. Do we behave as though we are born again?

We cannot be sinlessly perfect here on the earth in this life. However, there are behaviors that Christians ought not exhibit. If our behaviors lead someone to question our salvation, I would maintain that we need to pray about those behaviors.

On the other hand, there are behaviors that are not sin that some people would say are sin. Oddly enough, some people think/believe that if a woman has more than one set of ear piercings, she is ungodly.

So, is she judging you based upon your behavior? Is your behavior against anything in God's word? If that is the case, you need to fix that. If she is being petty and not basing this judgment upon the righteous foundation of God's word, then you can discard it.

• Members
I have a friend judging whether or not I am saved to begin with Does this person have that right? or is that only meant for God? My friend seems to think they do am I right to be frustrated about it? the last question I have is How can they know for sure unless they actually can see my heart and the only person that can do that is God. Am I right?

A person can't tell you for sure your not saved, but the Bible does spell out certain things a Christian will have in their life if they truly are saved. If a person really cares for you they might become concerned for you though if they see something that causes them to doubt. If they're wrong, great, live like a Christan and they will come to see that they are wrong. If you start to doubt, the Spirit will answer that you really are saved, if you are.

John 10:28-29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

The Bible does say to examine yourself. If someone is challenging you, it can't hurt for you to check yourself... If you really are saved, it will strengthen your faith.

I Cor 11:28 & 29 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

II Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Read through I John. It will help a lot. Also, I'm here if you want to talk. I thought I was saved at 14, but it wasn't until family started questioning me, that I really got saved at age 19. So, I've been there. You need to be settled in your own mind.

• Members

A person can't tell you for sure your not saved, but the Bible does spell out certain things a Christian will have in their life if they truly are saved. If a person really cares for you they might become concerned for you though if they see something that causes them to doubt. If they're wrong, great, live like a Christan and they will come to see that they are wrong. If you start to doubt, the Spirit will answer that you really are saved, if you are.

John 10:28-29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

The Bible does say to examine yourself. If someone is challenging you, it can't hurt for you to check yourself... If you really are saved, it will strengthen your faith.

I Cor 11:28 & 29 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

II Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Read through I John. It will help a lot. Also, I'm here if you want to talk. I thought I was saved at 14, but it wasn't until family started questioning me, that I really got saved at age 19. So, I've been there. You need to be settled in your own mind.

Thank you so much for helping me see things in a new light. I guess it means that maybe that person is trying to look out for me in some way. I have no doubt in my mind that I am saved and that God lives in my heart. I still sin don't get me wrong because no one is perfect. Those verses are really good I have to make sure that I read them over and over. I have read through I John but it won't hurt to read it again. Isn't God amazing and I think it is great how he sent me this site it has made me grow stronger in my walk with him. My favorite verse in I John is this one I am sure you know it, it is " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Thanks again.

• Members

Some people think that once you accept Christ in your heart and in your life that you will never commit another sin again, and if you do, then that must mean you are not saved. I am glad that is not true, because we are human beings after all and we commit sins. A saved person is not a perfect person - that comes later!

• Members
Some people think that once you accept Christ in your heart and in your life that you will never commit another sin again' date=' and if you do, then that must mean you are not saved. I am glad that is not true, because we are human beings after all and we commit sins. A saved person is not a perfect person - that comes later![/quote']

:amen: Of course you are still going to sin it is a part of your nature wheather you like it or not

• Members

Why do you think your friend doesn't believe that you are saved? Is it really important whether he judges you or not? People falsely accused Jesus all the time. Keep in mind who the accuser of the brethren is? If you know that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are saved that is really all that matters.
I John 5:13

• Members
Some people think that once you accept Christ in your heart and in your life that you will never commit another sin again' date=' and if you do, then that must mean you are not saved. I am glad that is not true, because we are human beings after all and we commit sins. A saved person is not a perfect person - that comes later![/quote']

:amen:
We cant DO anything to get saved and we cant DO anything to keep saved..its by grace through faith,thank the Lord!

• Members

[quote="lettheredeemedsayso"]Why do you think your friend doesn't believe that you are saved? Is it really important whether he judges you or not? People falsely accused Jesus all the time. Keep in mind who the accuser of the brethren is? If you know that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are saved that is really all that matters.
I John 5:13[/quote]

Well they were unsure of how I was saved and I know now maybe they were right because I got to reexamine my life as a Christian and it has made me stronger in my walk with him. I feel stronger and that Jesus is my firm foundation and nothing can get in between that except when I slip which I will because of the sinful nature I do have. I am so glad Jesus forgives some one like me that is so unworthy of anything. I mostly thank him for his grace because that is what I am saved by.