• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My testimony in detail

• Members

After seeking God and re-examining my life as a Christian and finally realizing with the help of God and others I decided with much prayer and guidance to write my testimony again.

I was born in a Christian home but just because I was doesn't mean I was saved young.. I went to church to obey my parents and I guess you can say I thought it was an obligation. I lived my life the way my parents wanted me to till I became older. I started hanging out with people who were ungodly and did horrible things as the years went on I got worse I started smoking and drinking I even ran away from home. In grade 9 my friend died and I grew into a big depression and blamed my self for it during that year I went to a church with a friend it was very interesting my first night there there was uncontrollable laughter and I thought it was good because they defined it as getting drunk without wine that sounds so sad.. After that day I went back and went for a couple of months I spoke in tongues as I thought it was scriptural but I see now it wasn't. Eventually I stopped going there. My dad moved me to a different school and again I got caught up in the wrong crowd and was doing things of this cruel world. I met a girl named Sarah and we hung out all the time we had many sleep overs and girls nights. One day when I was at her house for the girls night her brother invited us to go bowling and we had a great time I met new people and they were very nice to me and at that time I had a crush on her brother but it wasn't for too long. I started to attend the church for a couple of months. Then I moved out to Alberta and started going to Immanuel Baptist Church It was there that I genuinely got saved and that the church I had gone to which was called "Living Hope" was not sound on the scriptures they went against the Bible and I thought it was pretty bad. I wanted to show my friends how wrong the church was so I began to pray and feel God's leading in what to do I even weeped about it. I decided after being Challenged by my pastor about women being Pastors in the church ( which they shouldn't be) I was going to write an article about that as I searched the scriptures to see what tied in with women being pastors I saw for myself how doctrinally wrong the church was because of other things that went on there. So while I was writing that piece I was also getting challenged about other things like the way I dressed, what I was viewing and the music I liked. I was talking to a few people that were of importance to me and I only told a select few about my convictions. Before I knew it I was done the piece and I sent it out. One after one people were rejecting what I was saying and didn't really care about what the bible said. I got a few good emails but that was it. I lost many friends but it was for a just cause. One of the girls that I WAS close to said it was used as an instrument of division of the church. I thought to myself amen and thanked God for using me to do his work. I eventually started playing my Sax again because I felt it was a talent I had and why waste a gift God has given me. As time went on I moved in with my sister to go to collage and now the rest is history I got baptized for the second time because the first one was just an act of obligation and not a step to follow God. Now as I seek him I know he will supply all of my needs. Thank you Lord for opening my eyes to the truth found in your word.