• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We Know What We're Singing At Christmas But Do They?

• Members

Great article about the meaning of our Christmas songs on http://www.jackhammr.org/

It is disappointing to me to hear Christians say that they get tired of hearing the same old Christmas songs over and over again on their radio presets in the car. What that tells me is that they are listening to secular stations that only play "Winter Wonderland", "Silver Bells" and "Rudolph". If you are blessed to have a good Christian radio station in your area, you shouldn't get tired of hearing the beautiful Christmas music! We have so much MORE to sing about!! :clap:

• Members

Our local secular "easy listening" station plays christmas music and I have heard the full range of christmas hymns. It brings much joy to hear Jesus' name sang openly on a secular station. I am glad they do not "filter" the songs they play.

We, unfortunately, have very limited christian radio stations.

• Members

I find it interesting that they play Christmas music with "God" and "Jesus" and "Son of God" in the songs at stores... its very confusing and inconsistent.

I mean its great but its ironic that rock stars are singing songs about Jesus yet are lost as can be...think of all the opportunities Americans have to be saved just by listening to Christmas songs as they shop. America has alot to answer for at the judgement seat.