• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Water Boarding: Is it justified?

• Members

Thru out the last several months "Water Boarding" has come up quite often. I really did not know nothing about it, but today I read up on it.

I posted a poll in my Air Force group to see what their opinion would be. I also sent an e-mail to a former POW who I met at our Air Force Base Reunion this past October. I feel Jim will reply and I really looking forward to his opinion Jim was the only one to survived, the B-52 he was on, it got hit by one Sam missile after which a 2nd one hit and his plane disintegrated, but some how Jim came out of it alive only to be captured and taken to Hanoi Hilton..

I was wondering what y'all think about it, so here it is.

Moderator note: Yes means it's ok, and no means it's bad.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's not torture its persuasion, Do I like it no, would I want to do it no, would I if it would save American lives Yes. It in no way makes us like them they cut your head off with a sword or should I say saw it off. The whole question is how far are you willing to go and is saveing many lives worth putting one man or woman through this or do you let the many die. We may torture to get a result for the safty of our people they torture to get info to kill more of us, there is a difference.

• Members

I'm going to add this to the name of the topic, is it torture?

I'm rightly undecided on this, is it really torture? What if it saved many American lives? Does that change it from being torture?

I think it is something to think about seriously and not to make a quick judgment on.

No doubt the Muslins go much past torture, they are of the opinion that if we don't convert our lives are worthless and therefore it is a great thing to murder us.

No doubt they torture people not to save lives, but to take lives for they think if we don't convert we should die and have no right to live.

Seems their favorite torture is to cut off the head of those who are not of them and that is exactly what the Koran which they live by teaches. The one thing I get tired of hearing is that it is a peaceful religion, it has never been that.

• Members

here what I think:

They should only use it if they are ABSOLUTELY with PROOFS that this person have informations that would save many lives. And only if it is an EMERGENCY like a bomb. It is not neccessary to use it if the informations can wait.

It is no different than a police using tasers or guns to save a life. (which both can be just as painful and scary as waterboarding)

And they should have a time limit how long they will use it.. like 15 minute but no more than that.

I don't like waterboarding method though. but if it was my child being buried underground alive.. I think I would support it if the kidnapper won't tell where he is. But thats just me being a mother who would be desperate to find her child alive.

If it was other type of tortures, I would say NO I DO NOT SUPPORT IT. But as far as waterboarding, I have mixed feelings on it.

• Members

I am undecided on this one. I don't actually know that much about the technique itself except that I read the person feels like they are drowning when they actually are not. If it left no physical damage, I'm not sure if I could classify it as "torture" unless we also put "emotional distress" through interrogation into that classification as well. What do you think about our gov't using emotional techniques (even flat-out lying) to a person to get them to give up sensitive information? How far would you go with that? I don't think I'd call that torture--though I'm not saying lying is right.

• Administrators

I think we need to untie the hands of those who are truly trying to protect us and let them do their jobs. They know the enemy better than any of us do. And when it is those Dems in Congress like Teddy Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid coming out the most vehement against it, one needs to pause and wonder.

• Members

I don't approve of torture but how is a Gov't supposed to extract information w/o giving the prisoner a reason to talk? If they followed the bleeding heart liberal agenda, they would be be in the Hilton Hotel with all the amenities and kindly begged to disclose whatever information they might have. The prisoner would just laugh at them.

• Members
I think we need to untie the hands of those who are truly trying to protect us and let them do their jobs. They know the enemy better than any of us do. And when it is those Dems in Congress like Teddy Kennedy' date=' Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid coming out the most vehement against it, one needs to pause and wonder.[/quote']

That is a great point, when that bunch is for and or against something, its an automatic red flag. For to me what that bunch is for or against is never what is best for America. All they can do is criticize but never have a solution that actually works.