• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gift Wrapping

Anon

• Members

Okay, I added "other". :lol I knew better than to leave that off!

I have been putting mine off, just because I don't put them under the tree yet (because of the young kids) and I just haven't had much of a chance to get everything out and get to it.

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]Ditto. If I could have put them out 2 weeks ago, they'd be wrapped already. :lol: I don't dare put them out though because my 3 year old would surely have them all unwrapped the minute I turn my back.[/quote]

Yep I forgot to tape up my "cake fridge" last night and this morning I got up in a panic because my husband informed me my 2 1/2 yr old tore some things off a cake that was being picked up at 9am.

Definitely no gifts out here until after bedtime on the 24th!

• Members

[quote="Kitagrl"][quote="Bakershalfdozen"]Ditto. If I could have put them out 2 weeks ago, they'd be wrapped already. :lol: I don't dare put them out though because my 3 year old would surely have them all unwrapped the minute I turn my back.[/quote]

Yep I forgot to tape up my "cake fridge" last night and this morning I got up in a panic because my husband informed me my 2 1/2 yr old tore some things off a cake that was being picked up at 9am.

Definitely no gifts out here until after bedtime on the 24th![/quote]

If my wife and I lived closer I could install a hasp and padlock on your cake-fridge. :lol:

• Members

[quote="pneu-engine"][quote="Kitagrl"][quote="Bakershalfdozen"]Ditto. If I could have put them out 2 weeks ago, they'd be wrapped already. :lol: I don't dare put them out though because my 3 year old would surely have them all unwrapped the minute I turn my back.[/quote]

If my wife and I lived closer I could install a hasp and padlock on your cake-fridge. :lol:[/quote]

Thought of that but my dh thinks it will ruin the fridge? Or is there a certain type to get? My dh can install stuff but he didn't think it'd work right on it.

• Members

[quote="Kitagrl"][quote="pneu-engine"][quote="Kitagrl"][quote="Bakershalfdozen"]Ditto. If I could have put them out 2 weeks ago, they'd be wrapped already. :lol: I don't dare put them out though because my 3 year old would surely have them all unwrapped the minute I turn my back.[/quote]

If my wife and I lived closer I could install a hasp and padlock on your cake-fridge. :lol:[/quote]

Thought of that but my dh thinks it will ruin the fridge? Or is there a certain type to get? My dh can install stuff but he didn't think it'd work right on it.[/quote]
There is. It's all in the way it's installed. 3M Corp makes some state of the art adhesives that are so incredibly strong that aircraft manufacturers are currently using some of them in lieu of rivets for certain applications. The one that I am thinking of comes as an aluminized two-sided tape. It is that strong that I cannot pull it apart after it is applied. However, that is not the only way to install a hasp on a fridge, and we do this all the time too. We simply drill very shallow 7/32" holes and tap 1/4-28 for short machine screws. Drill just barely deep enough to go thru the skin of the fridge. E.G. only 1/8" or so deeper than the sheet metal. Then when the screws are installed, we seal around the screws with RTV silicone tub 'n' tile caulk. Personally, I prefer the two-sided tape. :Green

• Members

[quote="Kitagrl"]Can you PM me the specific name of the options? I really really REALLY need this but do not want to continue to hijack my own thread. haha.[/quote]
happy to do that. :Green

Lemme go get the name of this stuff. It comes under the heading of VHB adhesive. VHB-->> Very High Bond.