• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer request...sort of

• Members

For as long as I have known them my friend (the wife) was always trying to do right and work hard...the husband always had to kind of be pulled along spiritually and even physically as far as his work ethic was concerned. He tended to be lazy and somewhat dishonest...although he always was amiable and seemed to have a willing heart, and was very laid back and friendly. He always seemed to be trying to do better. I had always thought my friend would have been an awesome pastors wife...hard working, faithful, strong standards and an honest heart, and very friendly.

She pulled their marriage along as long as possible. She got worn down as her husband continually backslid. Finally he did some unthinkable things and she tried getting pastoral counselling for them but it did not help. Then a final blow hit and she left and filed for divorce.

After all the years of being the unwilling "spiritual leader" of her home (she would have loved for him to be in that place) she got sick of it and decided to live life her way for a change. I don't blame her, fleshly speaking....on the other hand I know its going to ruin her kids.

I do believe her older two children are saved...her younger two are not quite ready. This will be hardest on their oldest who remembers when they had standards and lived a different lifestyle than they do now.

Trish I do know people like this, other people...I guess it hits harder when its someone you are incredibly close to. I've seen it happen to friends, but had not yet seen it happen to this drastic extent with someone I had at one time considered a very best friend. Its so sad. The exact same thing happened to a pastor we worked for in SC...however like I said, it did not hit me as sadly as this situation has.

Kitagrl, how are you feeling spiritually about this? Sins of other people tend to drag us farther from the Lord. And if sins doesn't involve you, just hearing about it can do just as much damage in your relationship with the Lord too. That's why I'm asking you. If you feel just as dragged down as she is, I think you need prayers as well.