• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Blessings and Funnies

• Members

Yesterday I took my kids to Chik-fil-A. While playing in the indoor playplace, my 9 year old son was talking to an 8 year old girl who was there with her family. She said something about dinosaurs and my son asked her if she believed that they lived millions of years ago.

She said, "Yes; 105 million years ago."

My son said, "I'm a Christian and my sister is also a Christian. God made the dinosaurs and they didn't live millions of years ago. That is a lie that somebody made up so they didn't have to believe God."

The girl replied, "I'm a Christian too; I go to a Christian school."

(The school the girl goes to in this area is a rather large Baptist school and I'm sure they get people from all kinds of backgrounds.)

Anyhoo, I was blessed that my son would speak up like that, unashamed and unafraid. :Green

Also, ya'll know about Staples Easy Button ? Staples office supply stores has this red easy button. They use it in their commercials. Somebody is having a tough time doing something so they press the "Easy Button" and magically the problem is solved. My kids like playing with those every time we go into Staples.

ANYHOO... the other day my 4 year old son was trying to put on his socks. He fussed and fiddled with them but couldn't quite get one of them right. Finally, he threw it on the floor, crossed his arms and huffed, "I NEED AN EASY BUTTON!!!" :nutty I thought that was hilarious.

• Members

My MIL was buying my son a new suit and asked if he wanted black or blue? He said he wanted a blue one. My wife said that black would go with other colors better than a blue one, to which my son replied, "But black is the color of sin, and I don't want to wear something that reminds me of sin!"