• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

baby names

• Administrators

We had a list of many and God only gave us one. Joshua Earl Sheridan - the Joshua is from the Bible, because we wanted a son with the kind of character Joshua had (if he had been twins like the doctor thought at first, the other would have been Caleb). Earl is my hubby's middle name, and Sheridan is my grandfather's. So he has something from the Bible and from the family.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hubby and I do not like the same names at all! It will be quite interesting when we have kids what to name them :lol As of right now we only have one boy and one girl name that we both like. Our first boy will be named Jeffrey Walter Jr. and called JJ for short. The first girl will be named Lilliana Grace. For our girls we are going to have all of their middle names something to do with Christianity (like grace, hope, joy, faith, etc). It's harder because I refuse to use any name that's in the top 100, I don't want my kids to have half of their class with the same name as them. Here are some others I like...

Boys:
Elijah (sadly it's so popular right now)
Josiah
Cody (Hubby hates it)
Caleb (Hubby hates it)
Jacob

Girls:
Gabriella
Leanna
Lydia
Bethany (hubby can "grow on this name' :Bleh )

• Members

I plan on naming my children in alphabetical order.
Leland(After the great Baptist preacher, John Leland of Colonial America)
Mancil (After my great uncle who feared God all his days, besides when is the last time you heard this name?)
Nathan (Meaning given, shows humility and Nathan in the Bible wasn't afraid to confront others about their sin)
Obadiah (great preacher in the old testament)
Paul (My favorite preacher in the New Testament beside the Lord Jesus)
Quinlan (After a missionary family I know)
Roman (After my favorite book of the Bible)
Stanley (After my pastor)
Timothy (My dad)
Uriah (He was one of the most loyal men in the Bible to his country)
Victor (Because with Jesus we can be victorious)
Wilson (After Dr. Art Wilson)

To be continued for girls names....

• Administrators
I plan on naming my children in alphabetical order.
Leland(After the great Baptist preacher, John Leland of Colonial America)
Mancil (After my great uncle who feared God all his days, besides when is the last time you heard this name?)
Nathan (Meaning given, shows humility and Nathan in the Bible wasn't afraid to confront others about their sin)
Obadiah (great preacher in the old testament)
Paul (My favorite preacher in the New Testament beside the Lord Jesus)
Quinlan (After a missionary family I know)
Roman (After my favorite book of the Bible)
Stanley (After my pastor)
Timothy (My dad)
Uriah (He was one of the most loyal men in the Bible to his country)
Victor (Because with Jesus we can be victorious)
Wilson (After Dr. Art Wilson)

To be continued for girls names....

So, does this mean you're going to have upwards of 26 children, or are you going to use some of them as middle names? :Green

• Members

Both beautiful names, Katie! Have you recovered from jet lag yet?

Thank you! As to jet lag, every day feels a bit better than the one before. The first few days were practically painful! We're having a good time and have been quite busy.

• Administrators

Thank you! As to jet lag, every day feels a bit better than the one before. The first few days were practically painful! We're having a good time and have been quite busy.

You know, the first thing I thought when I read your name choice - Anita Dawn - and the meanings was that God's mercies are new every morning. What a neat heritage for your new little one to have! :thumb

I want ten
Good for you! We wanted 12, but only got one. Wouldn't trade him for oodles more! But we did tell him that he and his wife had to have lots (12... :Green ) so we'd have lots of grandbabies!

Guest Guest

Good morning fellow brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ! Well...When I was a Catholic, I married a divorced man (I didn't know what the Bible said about that.) He has a beautiful little girl...my stepdaughter's name is Sarah Marie. We had a son named...Mark Allen together. My 2nd husband and I have no children together...he is a great step-dad to my (our) son... Mark! :thumb Sarah and Mark are very close to eachother. :smile Sarah's mom (she was a devout Catholic) married a 2nnd time as well in the Methodist church to a man years ago...and has to additonal children...2 boys. Sarah is blessed w/ 3 brothers. Please pray for her salvation! She is a gorgeoous girl...has old Catholic values and morals...like her mother and I...she is 21, and by the Grace of God...is a virgin. She has never had a boyfriend...only guy buddies. Please keep my son Mark in prayer...her is 17...and he is a "wholesome" young man...ALL boy!! We are praying he returns to the IFB church full time! When we changed churches for Biblical reasons...we did not expain to him why...we didn't think it was our place. He is confused...but, loves our new IFB church...but, misses to old one, too. He is a teen...he is so close to his buddies now...go figure. I am so sorry for the novel...I just wanted to get this off of my heart! :wave:

candlelight

P.S. ~ Just to clarify...Sarah and Mark's dad did not cheat on either wife...both Peggy and I know that! Please pray for my ex-husband's salvation. His name is Allen. He loves his beer and wine, and needs saved! He is not remarried.

• Administrators
We are praying he returns to the IFB church full time! When we changed churches for Biblical reasons...we did not expain to him why...we didn't think it was our place. He is confused...but' date=' loves our new IFB church...but, misses to old one, too. [/quote']
Hey, cl - thanks for the info. I just wanted to insert a thought here. As parents of your son, it is very definitely your place to explain things to him! If your reasons for leaving were Biblical, you can use your Bible to show your son why you left the old church. At 17 he is almost a man, and needs to understand that the Bible is our guidebook. He needs to see for himself that he can follow the Bible and not just do as Mom and Dad say - KWIM?

God is not the author of confusion, and as long as your son doesn't know the Biblical reasons you left your old church, the devil can play havoc with him!

Guest Guest

For you unmarried ladies, I wouldn't get your hopes "set" on any particular name...it's possible your husband will veto all of them haha. I have a son and I LOVE his name but if you'd asked me before I got married if I would ever have considered that name, I would have said no. With two people coming up with the child's name, it's a much different story.