• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

baby names

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We have used :
Bethany Joy
Victoria Joy
JoHannah Joy
Jenna Joy

sometimes I wonder what I would have done if we knew we would have more than 2 girls. This is what I came up with:
Bethany Joy
victoria Hope
JoHannah Grace
Jenna Lynn(my middle name)

Other names considered were:
Michaela Ann ( after my parents)
Danielle Faith( after his parents)
Matilin Joy
Daniel James
Daniel Michael
Samuel James
Michael James

• Members

Our Children's names are;

Zachary David James - after dad and two great grandads ( Zachary means ; the Lord has remembered. We had 5 miscarriages before we had him )

Jonathan Kenneth Elvyn - after both Grandads ( Jonathan; because Dave's name is David and the special relationship That King David and Jonathan had)

Hannah-Rose Lydia- after Hannah from the Bible and my grandmother ( Roses are also my favourite flower! )

Carissa- Joy Margaret- her name means grace and joy. Margaret is after our two other Grandmas

• Members

A few names that I would like for my children are ( which I would like alot of children according to God's will)

Girls
1.Colleen Grace ( Colleen is after one of the greatest role models that God put into my life. She was my former pastor's wife, and she taught me so many things, and she passed away in 06, and I would like to name my first girl after her, and grace is for because it took God's grace, and she went through many health problems, and my dad has many health problems, so I really would like the name Colleen Grace.

2. Hope ( Still debating on middle name)

Boys
1. I always dreamed of my first boy being named after the man I marry...
2. Jason Matthew

I really want to seach out names... I like names that are old, and also names that have a meaning!

In Christ, Sadie. Phil.4:13

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

We used:
Nathaniel Ryan
(second child was miscarried, and we didn't know the sex of the baby)
Esther Hannah
Jonathan Criag

There is a girl in our church just weeks older than Esther. The mother told us her plans for her baby's name just days before she was born - Hannah Esther. We had our girl's name chosen before Nathaniel was born, so we kept it.

• Members
We have used :
Bethany Joy
Victoria Joy
JoHannah Joy
Jenna Joy

sometimes I wonder what I would have done if we knew we would have more than 2 girls. This is what I came up with:
Bethany Joy
victoria Hope
JoHannah Grace
Jenna Lynn(my middle name)

Other names considered were:
Michaela Ann ( after my parents)
Danielle Faith( after his parents)
Matilin Joy
Daniel James
Daniel Michael
Samuel James
Michael James

I like Lemon-Fresh Joy!!! :tum

• 2 weeks later...

Two names that I have used:

Trevor Marc (meaning, a province of the son of Mars, the Roman god of war)
Keira Skye (Norse, meaning Dark Cloud)

The name that the "boss" rejected:

LeAnder Marc (named after one of the most famous Texas Rangers)... she said it was weird. go figure. :uuhm:

• Members

This link takes you to a site that has the most popular baby names of the last century:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23357561/?GT1=43001

Deciding whether to give your unborn child a traditional or unique name? Wondering if your favorite name is becoming more or less popular? Giving a child a name is one of the most memorable and important parenting moments ? a name can help nurture a child?s personality and help them identify with a culture, an icon, or a loved one who has passed away.

TODAY highlights the hottest names from 1900 to the present, lists the strangest celebrity picks, takes a look at TODAY hosts' names, and shares tips on how choose the right one with your partner.

Example:

Female names
1. Mary
2. Susan
3. Linda
4. Karen
5. Donna
6. Lisa
7. Patricia
8. Debra
9. Cynthia
10. Deborah

Male names
1. David
2. Michael
3. James
4. John
5. Robert
6. Mark
7. William
8. Richard
9. Thomas
10. Steven

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Lol in discussing names my husband and I were certain we didn't want a "junior". Nor did we want to use family names, except that we did for our first son but only because we liked it. We want our children to have their own individual and unique names. We like some Biblical names but don't want to restrict ourselves to JUST Biblical names either like another family in our church is doing. We normally just pick names that we like for our kids. The names do have meanings for us that might not necessarily be the actual meaning of the name.