• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

being in close fellowship with the heathen

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The verse I'd mention would be 2nd Corinthians 6:14, which was already mentioned.

But with that said, I want to encourage you to stand strong on this topic. 95% of the Christians I talk to regarding having unsaved friends bring up the idea that "Jesus ate with sinners." And He did indeed! But Jesus ate with sinner's with a focus on saving them, not on becoming one of them.

• Members

Too many lukewarm professing believers try to compromise with sin and the lost. The Bible does not teach that Jesus hung around the lost when/where they practiced their sin, nor that He ever compromised in any way to reach them (which is the opposite of the message these "Christians" are giving). The publicans and sinners at Matthews house were brought there specifically to meet the Saviour, in the hopes of them receiving Him. I doubt Matthew, a newly saved man, would tolerate any obvious sin in his house when he is now devoted to following his Master. Jesus was separated from sin and from sinners practicing their sin.

Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

• Members
Too many lukewarm professing believers try to compromise with sin and the lost. The Bible does not teach that Jesus hung around the lost when/where they practiced their sin, nor that He ever compromised in any way to reach them (which is the opposite of the message these "Christians" are giving). The publicans and sinners at Matthews house were brought there specifically to meet the Saviour, in the hopes of them receiving Him. I doubt Matthew, a newly saved man, would tolerate any obvious sin in his house when he is now devoted to following his Master. Jesus was separated from sin and from sinners practicing their sin.

Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

:amen::goodpost:

There are indeed a great many professing Christians today who have adopted the "we must be like them to reach them", and then they quote Paul saying that he became all things to all men that he might win some, as their justification.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

:goodpost:

Well, what I was gonna say was said. I think Jerry is my twin and we were separated at birth. :eek I notice from his postings we seem to think alike.

I usually explain it to the brethern using my sisters as an example. They are lost, I have told them how to be saved, they have not recieved the Lord yet. I love them, I call and stop by and check on them, and witness to them, but I do not "hang around them or participate in thier sins".

Its funny how they put the beer away and quit cussing when I show up, not that I have any affect on them but Holy Spirit does. :amen:

The Lord loves the world John 3:16 but did not participate in the worlds sin.

God Bless