• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please pray... son in hospital. Rabies?

• Members

Please pray for my ds Miciah (5yrs) he was bit by a cat on Saturday. I thought I cleaned the wound good enough that I didn't take him to the dr (next time I'll know better). It was worse on Sun so after church we brought him to the dr and they put him on antibiotics and sent him home saying that if the red infected area was bigger to bring him back in. We brought him in Monday and they admitted him into the hospital for the infection. They now have him on 2 different types of antibiotics and are hoping that he can come home after supper tonight depending on if the red area gets smaller and if the Infectious Disease Dr says ok. Please pray that he can come home soon. The hospital is 50 miles away and with so many trips back and forth, we are spending alot of money on gas. We are also having a problem finding the cat. The dr wants us to find the cat by June 21st so it can get tested for rabies. If we can't find it Miciah will be having rabies shots which if I understand right very painful and is a series of 6 shots over a month. I would really like to avoid that so pleas pray that we can find the cat, dead or alive (preferably alived so I don't have to put a dead cat in my freezer) We think that is was a cat that was just dropped off since we live in the country so it will be harder to find it. I am going around to all the neighbors to see if they have seen it and put up flyers, I pray that someone knows where it is. Please pray....

• Members

Thanks all for the prayers. We were able to find the owner of the cat but they said that it dissapeared over a week ago. Unfortunaltly we still need to find the cat because since they last seen it, it could have been bit by something that does have rabies. My dh called awhile ago and said that my ds's arm was starting to weep, not sure if that is a good thing or not. Will post more later...

• Members

Please pray for my ds Miciah (5yrs) he was bit by a cat on Saturday. I thought I cleaned the wound good enough that I didn't take him to the dr (next time I'll know better). It was worse on Sun so after church we brought him to the dr and they put him on antibiotics and sent him home saying that if the red infected area was bigger to bring him back in. We brought him in Monday and they admitted him into the hospital for the infection. They now have him on 2 different types of antibiotics and are hoping that he can come home after supper tonight depending on if the red area gets smaller and if the Infectious Disease Dr says ok. Please pray that he can come home soon. The hospital is 50 miles away and with so many trips back and forth, we are spending alot of money on gas. We are also having a problem finding the cat. The dr wants us to find the cat by June 21st so it can get tested for rabies. If we can't find it Miciah will be having rabies shots which if I understand right very painful and is a series of 6 shots over a month. I would really like to avoid that so pleas pray that we can find the cat, dead or alive (preferably alived so I don't have to put a dead cat in my freezer) We think that is was a cat that was just dropped off since we live in the country so it will be harder to find it. I am going around to all the neighbors to see if they have seen it and put up flyers, I pray that someone knows where it is. Please pray....

Will be praying.

• Members

Thanks all for the prayers... God is great! Last night we got a call from our neighbor and they seen the cat in thier yard ( I put up flyers and left one on their door) so my dd went up there about 10:30 and she was able to pick him up and I held him on the way home. We put him in a crate that we have for our chickens inside our closed garage so I hope there is no chance of him getting out. I recieved a call from dh this morning and Miciah's infections has gone down so he can come home today but will have to be on antibiotics for a while. Please continue to pray for a full recovery and that the cat doesn't have rabies. I will be calling the public health to see exactly what we need to do.

Thanks all for the prayers....