• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Salvation according to MacArthur

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd like to recant my statement.

I forgot Jerry was a foe, and totally missed these posts.

I don't know what Jerry's attitude is like. Its hard to tell here. But I must say, he is the king of mis-characterizations. Jerry has said the same thing about me over and over again. It is ashame I must once again defend against his false attacks. This is nothing new. Here is a post where I (as thoroughly as I know how) tell where I do stand against things, and my biblical reason for doing so. I'll ask again for Jerry to recant his statement given my reminder to him that I have infact taken a stand. I, once again, would appreciate him stopping his degradation of my character.

Edit to add: The last paragraph of the post in the link was as follows (In case people do not want to read the whole thing)

• Members

No, it's just that you and I are very different when it comes to separation. For one, I believe that the Bible teaches different grounds for separation than you do. Second, my separation is my own business and who I choose to separate from is not important for you to know. You, on the other hand, go about proclaiming you who separate from. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. The difference is, I don't talk about it and you do. :dunno:

Kevinmiller and Dwayner: Don't feel as if you are Jerry's only target. He seems to have a similar affinity for myself. Bear in mind where he is in his life. Preconditioned views and beliefs are the hardest to reason with. Be polite and gentlemanly in all regards. When Jerry does finally really consider what you are saying, I believe he will agree with you or at least admit that your position is a valid option. Don't make an enemy of him now. Let's all unite behind Christ, not some denominational label.