• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why leave God out of relationships?

• Members

Today as I was thinking which isn't good because I haven't been feeling well I was thinking about all the guys I "liked" in my past and how I left God out of them. I am so tired of looking back in the past and have been seeing just pain. I have had nothing but pain because I haven't been going to God and making him the center. There is only one guy I have been giving to God and letting God pick what he wants to do. God should be my main focus but he hasn't been lately and well all that is gonna change because the only thing I am gonna focus on is making God happy. God being happy and pleased is all that matters. People may get hurt but that doesn't matter I am not here to please men I am hear to please God and only him. If you are in a relationship is God the center of it? If you are married do you thank God for the life partner he has given you? If your single are you diligently seeking God in your relationship with him? I have seen so many Christian couples break up and I am wondering is that because God wasn't the center because if he was maybe they wouldn't have broke up in the first place. God wants so much to be in your life he wants what is best for you. I want God to be the center of everything because I know he hasn't been. Now as I seek him and what he wants I am starting little by little to see what he has in store for me. God is so great and I know he will supply for all my needs. I hope you guys are having God in everything you do.

• Members

This was a lesson I learned the hard way.... I let my heart get involved with this guy, and then got so focused on us that I stopped focusing on God. My life got turned upside down, and my heart? :badday: Yeah, it's STILL healing. But as far as my relationship with God goes? I've learned my lesson, and I'm doing my best to make Him the absolute most important person in my life. I try to seek His will in everything that I do. :amen:

• Members
This was a lesson I learned the hard way.... I let my heart get involved with this guy' date=' and then got so focused on us that I stopped focusing on God. My life got turned upside down, and my heart? :badday: Yeah, it's STILL healing. But as far as my relationship with God goes? I've learned my lesson, and I'm doing my best to make Him the absolute most important person in my life. I try to seek His will in everything that I do. :amen:[/quote']

I am with you on the healing part. I trust God to heal it and I know he will. Trusting God with everything is the only way you can be truly happy because man hurt you but God loves you and wants what is best.

• Members

I understand...I've totally been there. I can say for a fact that there is NOTHING in this world better than just letting go of the relationship-finding a husband thing and letting God take control. I think the best thing is to stop looking. Just stop thinking about it. Focus on God and on His will for every day. Follow His will every day and He will bring the perfect someone into your life. It is so easy to get hurt when you put yourself out there, but with prayer and the Lord's leading everything will turn out FAR better than you ever dreamed...

At least that's just my personal experience.

I've been there too. I think it happens to almost everyone, unfortunately. Well, my fiance never had another girlfriend before me, and our relationship started because we both were attracted to each other's desire to serve the Lord, but he's a rare catch. Most guys out there have had girlfriends before and most girls have had other boyfriends and a lot of them fell apart because they weren't focused on God's will.

• Members

Well, I wasn't looking for a husband OR a relationship when I got involved with this guy. Before him, I was TOTALLY planning on being single for the rest of my life lol :loco (strange for a Christian young woman, I know-- oh and it wasn't bc I felt called to be single or anything-- dating just didn't interest me) And I'm not looking now either-- one valuable lesson that I've learned from all this that I know I probably wouldn't have any other way is that you can be completely satisfied with God as the only "Man" in your life. His love is very VERY satisfying :duh

• Members
I've been there too. I think it happens to almost everyone' date=' unfortunately. Well, my fiance never had another girlfriend before me, and our relationship started because we both were attracted to each other's desire to serve the Lord, but he's a rare catch. Most guys out there have had girlfriends before and most girls have had other boyfriends and a lot of them fell apart because they weren't focused on God's will.[/quote']

:amen: exactly you have to be focused on God's will and what he wants for you that is the most important thing that any one could ever do I guess I think it was so hard because all I saw was couples all around me getting married but it doesn't matter anymore I just want to be in God's will.i look at myself and I say I am not ready for a relationship let alone marriage. I think God will show me in his own good time when I am ready and who he wants me to marry. I just need the virtue of Patience. Not only that but I need God in everything I do.

• Members

I do agree with you mostly... :)

We are to honor God in all that we do and hope for...but remember, He created/designed you to enjoy life with a spouse. So, it isn't wrong or loving God less for a woman to long for the man who will give a deeper meaning to our everydays. I've seen and heard of a lot of couples that simply don't make it...Christian or not Christian. Relationships take work and sometimes it becomes so much work, it isn't worth it anymore to many couples. Keep in mind that many of these couples at one time thought God had picked out their partner for them. The point I'm going for is that even if God actually did send a Christian "the" spouse...that doesn't mean each of them loses their free will... the marriage still takes real commitment...

Hang in there....

You never know who is going to walk around the next corner....

Love,
Madeline

• 13 years later...
  • Members
On 1/19/2008 at 1:03 PM, Madeline said:

You never know who is going to walk around the next corner....

"around the next corner" or even better daily hope and expectation! >

" thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations"

" ....  when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them..."

On 1/18/2008 at 6:40 PM, godsgurlie_077 said:

God wants so much to be in your life he wants what is best for you. I want God to be the center of everything because I know he hasn't been. Now as I seek him and what he wants I am starting little by little to see what he has in store for me. God is so great and I know he will supply for all my needs. I hope you guys are having God in everything you do.

Revelation 3:3

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations