• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Praises from the deaf ministry

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We had 3 first time visitors on Sunday morning!

Ken and Lisa are a deaf/hoh married couple, and Julie is a hearing person who is studying to become an interpreter at a local community college. My wife talked with Julie for quite a while after church about deaf culture and how we work with the deaf in our church. She was very interested and said that she will probably be coming often.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Another first time visitor named Scott visited today! His wife has left him and has taken his 4 kids with her. He has moved back to our area and is searching for a good, fundamental church to attend. Pray for him in this situation and that maybe he will decide to join our church.

• Members
Another first time visitor named Scott visited today! His wife has left him and has taken his 4 kids with her. He has moved back to our area and is searching for a good' date=' fundamental church to attend. Pray for him in this situation and that maybe he will decide to join our church.[/quote']

Praise God he visited today.

Praying for him and the situation. :pray

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Thank you I will pass it on to her

I feel badly, but I found out that he and his family are no longer in the US. They have become missionaries in another country reaching the deaf there. I didn't know this until just a couple of days ago.

On a good side, we had one of our deaf teens in church tonight that has not been here for quite a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We started 2 new sign language classes last night at our church - one for kids and one for teens/adults. There were 2 teenagers and 7 adults, and then six in the kids class. The original plan was for me to teach the kids class, but since 5 of the kids were girls, we thought it best to have a lady teach the class.