• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Praises from the deaf ministry

• Members

Today in our deaf Sunday school class, we had 5 visitors - a deaf man, his hearing wife and 3 kids. They all stayed for church as well!

Also, I talked with a deaf man today that has come once in a while, and he recently started reading his Bible more and is being convicted to be more faithful to church. He likes our church, and is going to be coming more regularly. I have to admit, it is hard for me to understand all of what he signs to me, but for the most part, I understand him. He is a young man in his 20's.

Also, there is another deaf lady that started to come often, and then stopped coming. We found out she had some medical problems that were keeping her from church. She really started to go downhill in her health until just a couple of weeks ago when a new doctor found out that the medicine she was put on was the cause for her rapidly decreasing health. She stopped taking the pill - some specific kind of asprin - and started to improve. She was in church Wednesday evening, and again this morning. I don't know yet if she was there tonight since I am at home with Jonathan who is still sick.

I praise the Lord for what he is doing in our deaf ministry.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, John did join the church this morning! And, we had another deaf man visiting today. We saw some deaf friends that have been gone for a few weeks back in church this morning. All total, we had 10 deaf there this morning.

I want to ask you all to pray for a deaf man named Jason. He told me he wants to be more faithful in coming to church and that he likes our church, but he has not been there for 2 weeks now. Pray that he will return again and draw closer to God like he wants to.

• Members
Well, John did join the church this morning! And, we had another deaf man visiting today. We saw some deaf friends that have been gone for a few weeks back in church this morning. All total, we had 10 deaf there this morning.

I want to ask you all to pray for a deaf man named Jason. He told me he wants to be more faithful in coming to church and that he likes our church, but he has not been there for 2 weeks now. Pray that he will return again and draw closer to God like he wants to.

Praise God for that very good report! It's wonderful to see the Lord at work.

I'll pray for Jason :pray

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Last Wednesday, a deaf teen that has been coming more regularly brought a deaf friend to church with him.

On Sunday morning, we had 11 deaf in church. One deaf lady just passed her driver's exam and now has her license so she can come to church more regularly now.

• Members

my deaf friend is coming to visit me during her spring break and she will be coming to church on wed in like 2 weeks. so i am excited. i have not interpreted in about 2 years, but i will be ready. she is also thinking about possibly moving down here in the area when she graduates, so that will be good to have a deaf person in the church. starting a deaf ministry has always been a dream of mine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

3 praises from last night

1 - We had a first time deaf visitor that came with the deaf teenager that comes a few times a month on Wednesday nights. I got to talk to him for just a little bit - his name is John.

2 - One of our deaf men has been gone for some weeks now. We found out that his ex-wife died recently, so he has sole custody of his 3 year old son. Well, he was in church last night! His name is John, also.

3 - A deaf couple that only comes on Sunday mornings showed up during the preaching. But, as we told them, better late than never.

• Members
3 praises from last night

1 - We had a first time deaf visitor that came with the deaf teenager that comes a few times a month on Wednesday nights. I got to talk to him for just a little bit - his name is John.

2 - One of our deaf men has been gone for some weeks now. We found out that his ex-wife died recently, so he has sole custody of his 3 year old son. Well, he was in church last night! His name is John, also.

3 - A deaf couple that only comes on Sunday mornings showed up during the preaching. But, as we told them, better late than never.

Praise God for His work there!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Today was a good day in our deaf Sunday School class. We had 11 deaf people there - one of them, we haven't seen for about a month. Just as our class was about to close, another first time deaf visitor showed up! He found us on a web page that is for the deaf in our area. I had listed our church on that page a couple of years ago. His name is Chris. He lives in the same city that I work in, so maybe someday I will see him and get to talk more with him.