• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Creating Criminals out of Housewives

• Members

Our church has a commercial dishwasher. Water for it runs through a softener as we are in a very hard water area. We always soak sticky plates before we put them in the machine, to remove most of the soil. The detergent is mainly caustic soda I believe. The cycle is 4 minutes with a short 2 minutes for glasses and saucers.

• Members

Over 30 years ago in Wisconsin, the same thing was going on only it was about laundry detergents. Once all the people affected in WI got used to it, no one noticed any difference after a while and everyone stopped griping about it. I don't get to go fishing but I will take healthy fish and animals in the rivers over brilliant whites any time. CJP56

• Members

Over 30 years ago in Wisconsin, the same thing was going on only it was about laundry detergents. Once all the people affected in WI got used to it, no one noticed any difference after a while and everyone stopped griping about it. I don't get to go fishing but I will take healthy fish and animals in the rivers over brilliant whites any time. CJP56

well, maybe so, but I hate the governemt TELLING us to do that. We should be able to CHOOSE to do that!!

• Administrators

If we could be relied upon to do everything we should, we wouldn't need a government in the first place.

but isn't telling us what to use on our a dishes a little on the extreme side? We aren't talking about driving laws, not breaking and entering, etc. We are talking about dishes! Which unless you count the diseases that can be caused by eating off of filthy plates, causes not public harm!

• Members

Personally, I like to do my best to protect the environment I live in, so I don't have a huge problem with this. Also, we don't use a dishwasher at my house. That said, you all know I'm a redneck and sure ain't no "tree hugger". There has to be balance somewhere along the way and it has to stop when people put more emphasis on the creation than the creator.