• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Culottes are Men's Clothing

• Members
I'm just of the opinion that we can all get higher standards. Why should I get on here and try to prove' date=' say, a PG-13 movie is okay (I'm not saying I watch these, just using it as example) when God might convict me to get rid of it next year? Why try to prove that a lower standard is okay with God? Doesn't God want us to be as far from the world as possible in every facet? I understand that everyone is seperating at a different rate and in different areas, which is why we should not always prove that "I'm okay right now" because God may NOT think we are "okay" but is just allowing us to grow.[/quote']

What you said is true. We should all be constantly growing in the Lord. I am definitely not where I was even 2 years ago. The Lord has changed me a lot........I have separated more and more, and I see things now clearly that I didn't see then.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I am sorry for stirring the bees nest. I saw this on another board and thought I would post the definition. Wikipedia is pretty liberal' date=' but it was interesting to see that they originated as men's clothing.[/quote']

Why are you apologizing? You should have seen this topic over on OBL!! :nutty

• Members

Because Kitagrl and I have had this discussion before a number of times and she knows that she is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding Kitagrl. We have similar personal convictions on this topic, but I do not think it is sin for a women to wear slacks, just not my preference.

Because Kitagrl and I have had this discussion before a number of times and she knows that she is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding Kitagrl. We have similar personal convictions on this topic, but I do not think it is sin for a women to wear slacks, just not my preference.

wow... you definitely posted here to stir the pot!!

So were you kidding when you said your wife is gonna get rid of her culottes?? :frog

Who cares who it was originally made for? :frog It's who it's made for now and whether it's modest that matters. :wink

So following that logic, some modest pants that are now made for women are totally ok to wear. :smile

(I'm not disagreeing with you, just bringing up another point...hehe don't shoot me!)

• Members

Bzmom, it was actually handled pretty well over on OBL, I thought! :wink

I know.... the thing is, that we believe the Bible teaches to wear a garment that is "let off the body" ("apparel") and modest, and God's spirit bears witness with ours that this is true, then it would, indeed, be sin to go against this.

As mentioned in a previous post, some may not wear dresses now, but in the future God may want them to change...so why prevent that by encouraging them to disagree with those who teach against women wearing pants?

BTW its not a hobby horse in our church...mentioned tactfully maybe twice a year....yet we do try to teach by example and pray the Holy Spirit will work in hearts. And He has.

• Members
Bzmom, it was actually handled pretty well over on OBL, I thought! :wink

I know.... the thing is, that we believe the Bible teaches to wear a garment that is "let off the body" ("apparel") and modest, and God's spirit bears witness with ours that this is true, then it would, indeed, be sin to go against this.

As mentioned in a previous post, some may not wear dresses now, but in the future God may want them to change...so why prevent that by encouraging them to disagree with those who teach against women wearing pants?

BTW its not a hobby horse in our church...mentioned tactfully maybe twice a year....yet we do try to teach by example and pray the Holy Spirit will work in hearts. And He has.

Oh, I thought it was handled well, too. :wink But we went WAY beyond this one...........they haven't even scratched the surface of some of the stuff they touched on. :lol::lol:

Edit to include: I mean, we could EASILY bring up some issues that could thrust this thread into 17 pages of debate that ended with a lock-down. :nutty :Bleh

• Members

So following that logic, some modest pants that are now made for women are totally ok to wear. :smile

(I'm not disagreeing with you, just bringing up another point...hehe don't shoot me!)

I would tend to say yes. I don't believe that all pants are immodest and I think that is the spirit of the verse.